8

"Are you okay, distressed?"

"You're lucky that you're with so many supers, huh?"

"What did it feel like to be saved by Felix?"

The questions are non stop, and, frankly, annoying to Panama. Ever since the party six days ago, everyone has been asking her the same kinds of things and all she wants to do is stay out of the spotlight. She hates the attention that is now drawn to her because of the incident. Granted, it isn't negative attention but she hates the feeling of being the topic of everyone's conversation. As she walks out of her last class of the day, the whispers that she hears as soon as she leaves the classroom is about herself and she looks down in embarrassment.

Panama walks passed a group of girls who snicker. "I don't see why people make such a big deal about the distressed being saved. Isn't that the whole reason she's here?"

Panama knows the words are supposed to be a jab at her feelings but she couldn't agree more. 

Panama stops to turn to look at them. "Tell me about it, I'm sick of having it brought up."

The girl in the middle nods as she grins. "Yes, it's all everyone is ever talking about anymore. Do you think you're even worth all the hype?"

Panama shakes her head, adjusting the backpack that is hanging from her shoulder. "Of course not, I'm literally here to be saved. This incident was just before the extracurriculars started, it's not that big of a deal."

The girls smile falters as she processes Panama's words. "Are you...being serious?"

Panama scrunches her eyebrows in confusion. "Erm, yes? Why wouldn't I be?"

The girl on the left shifts her weight before she steps forward. "We didn't think you'd agree with us, distressed."

Panama shrugs. "Well, no one has really asked me if I want to talk about it, they just talk about it all the time."

The girl on the left clears her throat as she elbows the girl in the middle. "Well, it's nice to know you're humble. We should probably get going, Jaz has this thing she needs to do."

The girl in the middle, presumably Jaz, looks beside her with a confused look on her face. "I do? Ah, yes...I do! Thanks for the talk, distressed, see you around."

The group of three quickly walk away and Panama is left to walk on her own. She starts again down the hallway and hears the quiet whispers as her foot steps seem to echo in the crowded area, the weight of being the 'distressed' is back on her shoulders. It seems as though she will never get used to being seen as weak even with being her bubbly self. She doesn't know how much longer she can handle thinking this way and she shakes her head as she reaches the large door to the courtyard, trying her best to think about positive things.

Panama feels a hand lightly grab her shoulder, and she turns to see a boy with a concerned look on his face. "Are you okay?"

Panama recognizes him as Asher. Class M, power to see auras. Panama is scheduled to have a training with him in two weeks, she has to remain strong for him.

Panama smiles, her feelings of negativity are suddenly gone as she puts on a brave face. "Of course, please don't worry about me. Thank you for all of your hard work."

A girl comes up behind Asher and looks at Panama with tears in her eyes. 

This is Patrice. Class M, mood shifter, the power to take and wield someone else's mood.

Panama also is scheduled to train with her in the coming weeks as well.

Patrice moves her gaze from Panama to Asher. "She's lying. Ash, these emotions are so heavy."