With a final scowl at Ren, Akane released her grip and straightened her posture, her regal demeanor returning. She turned to Gojo, her expression steely. "Let's go," she said firmly, leading the way into the dining hall with her head held high.

The Zen'in estate was opulent and lavish, every surface adorned with intricate designs and expensive decor. The air was heavy with the scent of incense, adding to the formal and somber atmosphere of the place.

As they entered the grand dinning hall, the room fell silent, all eyes turned towards them. Akane felt a twinge of anxiety but immediately squashed it. This was not a place she could show weakness.

The head of the Zen'in family, Naobito Zen'in, rose from his seat to address them. "Welcome, Gojo-dono." He began, though he lacked any sincerity, his voice was calm and authoritative. "We are honored to have you join us for dinner tonight. Let us enjoy a pleasant evening of conversation and camaraderie."

Akane politely nodded, "Thank you for your invitation."

Gojo hummed in agreement not bothering to hide the fact that he was already bored. So far, the only thing surprising about this night, was that the old coot wasn't already intoxicated.

The two took a seat beside of Naobito and gasps erupted from the room.

"What?" Gojo asked rudely, "Is there something... wrong?" He continued, not bothering with pleasantries.

A shaky voice responded, pointing at the other side of the room, "It's just that Hanabami-sama, was supposed to sit over there with the other women."

Gojo's eyes narrowed at the man and without missing a beat, he turned his gaze back to Naobito, a predatory glint in his eyes.

"I believe my wife will be sitting next to me tonight," Gojo declared with a hint of possessiveness in his tone. "Right Akane?"

His tone made her uncomfortable but she smiled in agreement knowing that it wasn't a question. The room fell silent once again, the tension palpable as the nameless man hesitated, clearly taken aback by Gojo's bold assertion.

After a moment of silence, Naobito cleared his throat and nodded in acquiescence. "Of course, Gojo-dono. Please, make yourself comfortable."

Gojo smirked, satisfied with the reaction he had elicited. He wrapped an arm around Akane's waist, pulling her closer to him as they settled in for dinner. "Let's enjoy our dinner darling," He whispered into her ear.

Akane's carmine eyes widened in shock at his touch, trying not to flinch at the way his words caused her skin to break into goosebumps. Had he always been this clingy?

Akane wanted to look up but she found herself unable to as she felt his azure gaze glued on her.

A servant had noticed her plight and asked, "Are you alright Hanabami-sama?"

Akane beamed at the woman, "I'm fine, thank you for your concern." She replied feeling grateful for the distraction as she took a sip of her drink. Saké?

Suddenly, she felt a piercing hostile stare running through the back of her head. Akane gently flicked a card in the general direction, cutting a woman's cheek before being caught by Naoya surrounded by women.

"Eyes to yourself." Akane stated coolly.

The woman gasped in surprise, touching her bleeding cheek in shock as Naoya sent a warning glare in Akane's direction. But Akane held her ground, her posture unwavering as she returned the glare with a steely gaze of her own.

Naoya's eyes narrowed as he carefully observed Akane, his lips curling into a smirk. "Impressive, Hanabami-chan," he said softly, his tone dripping with mockery. "It seems you have a sharper edge than I originally thought."