Chapter 2: Engaged?

At their designated meetup place:

Percy's heart raced as he clutched the small velvet box in his pocket. Tonight, he was going to ask Annabeth the question he'd been rehearsing for weeks. With shaky hands, he led her to their favorite spot overlooking the ocean.

"Annabeth, there's something I need to ask you," Percy began, his voice trembling with nervous excitement.

But before he could kneel, a powerful rumble shook the ground beneath them. Dark storm clouds swirled above as waves crashed violently against the shore. Percy's senses heightened, his ADHD kicking in.

"What's happening, Percy?" Annabeth asked, her tone filled with concern.

Percy's eyes widened in realization. "It's my father," he muttered, recognizing the signs of Poseidon's unrest.

As lightning tore through the sky, a figure emerged from the sea – a messenger of the gods. The entity delivered a grave message, "There's been a new prophecy, the messenger informed them, delaying Percy's proposal as a new quest beckoned them.

Amidst the chaos, Annabeth's hand found Percy's, their fingers intertwining in silent solidarity. They shared a look filled with unspoken promises, knowing that love would guide them through whatever trials lay ahead of them. And no matter what, they'd be facing them together.

The End!

                                     - - -

Author's Note: I have absolutely no motivation anymore. I tried to finish the story as best as I could and I know it ended on such a cliffhanger, but I have just completely run out of ideas. If any of you guys have good ideas, you can message me about them or you can take my first two chapters and continue the story as your own, as long as you give me partial credit.

~Rose 🌹

Word Count: 283