When it's his birthday pt. 2

"I should've picked that shooting game if I knew I was going to win" You grumble while walking towards Rafayel's studio, carrying a bag filled with prizes that you two (mostly Rafayel) won from the festival.

"That would've been an unfair game since it's your expertise" Rafayel replies as he walks next to you with bags filled with the plushie and prizes on both hands before smirking "Although even if you did choose that game, I still win the other games anyway"

"Then, we should've played only the shooting game to choose the loser. But I didn't know there was a shooting game at the festival!" You complain before sighing in exasperation.

"I guess it's true when they say the one who proposes a bet will always lose" He looks at you with a mischievous grin which makes you glare at him before bumping your elbow into his arm.

Rafayel winces and rubs his arm, complaining dramatically about how it can affect his ability to paint because of you. Meanwhile, as both of you have arrived at the front door, you take out the key to open the door and let him in first.

"Okay drama queen, I can bet that your arm will be fine after this"

He looks puzzled about what you're talking about and you insist on letting him go in first which he obeys. As he walks towards the living room area, his eyes widen in surprise when he sees a large banner above the sofa saying 'Happy Birthday Rafayel!', balloons with various shapes of sea creatures decorating the area, boxes of gifts stacking neatly next to the sofa, and a board with large writing of 'Messages for Rafayel' and notes neatly placed below it.

"Wha-?"

"Wow, Thomas did a great job in this" You look amazed as you enter the living room area and put the bags on the sofa.

He looks even more surprised at the mention of his friend's name before following you to put the bags on the sofa "Wait, Thomas?"

"Yeap!" You nod before showing a proud smile "I asked him to help me decorate the room and prepare our dinner while we were out"

Rafayel turns his attention towards the dining area and walks to the dining table which is already filled with the familiar seafood cuisines that are all his favourites.

"They're all still warm too"

"And they all look delicious~" Your eyes gleam in excitement as you approach the dining table before taking out your phone to take a photo of the food and the living room area "So, what do you think?"

"Well, I'm genuinely impressed" He says as he looks around the living room again to take the time to appreciate the effort that you put into planning for his birthday and Thomas's help to make it happen "Now, it does feel like we're celebrating my birthday today"

"Of course!" You put your hands on your hips and show a proud smile because it did take a lot of time to organise his birthday. Fortunately, Thomas helped out to make it easier so you keep it in mind to thank him again later.

Rafayel chuckles at your adorable response before giving a pat on your head and a kiss on your forehead as a reward, making you look flustered as the blush appears across your cheek "Since we have a lot to unwrap, should we have an early dinner?"

You clear your throat after calming yourself before nodding in agreement "We should while the food is still warm. Besides, I'm getting hungry so let's eat!"

"You're always hungry all the time-"

"Shush!"

~~~~~~~~~

After some time of enjoying the food and chatting with Rafayel, you offer to clean up the dishes but Rafayel insists on helping you so you can finish faster and help him unwrap the gifts and read the messages. Once you two are done, you go to the living room and sit on the sofa.