Chapter 2

"We've heard what happened earlier. Are you okay?" Olivia asked with a worried expression on her face. It was lunchtime, and we were sitting at our usual table at the end of the cafeteria.

News spread like wildfire in here. If something happened, everyone knew within a few hours. If the students of Regfield High were good at something, it was gossip. I guess that 's why Olivia and Lori already knew what happened in first period.

I looked at the bad sandwich in my hands, too ashamed to meet their gazes.

"Yes, I am. It's not that deep..." I answered as if it was nothing. But it wasn't even a lie. It wasn't that big of a deal. Despite the incident being extremely emberassing for me, it was not like my life had ended.

Sighing, my gaze trailed over the bunch of students, all gathered together at their tables laughing, talking, or playing on their phones. They didnˋt seem to care about what happened, so why should I?
Unwillingly, my eyes stopped at a very specific table, looking at a very specific boy. He was laughing with his friends while a few of the cheerleaders stared admiringly at him. I wondered if I had the same expression on my face...

Not wanting to find out, I brought my attention back to my friends whoˋs skeptical faces met mine.
"You know you don't have to lie to us?" Lori said and bit into her sandwhich, but seemed to regret it a few seconds later.
"Gosh, the food doesn't get any better, does it?" Disgust was written all over her face as I watched her with amusement.

"No, seriously, Iˋm not lying. Theyˋre just a bunch of assholes, thatˋs it!" I didnˋt want to talk about what happened, but I do understand that they were worried.

"Very, very hot assholes though!" Lori rolled her eyes at Oliviaˋs words, and I just laughed. I mean, she didnˋt lie. They were handsome.

"They are not even that hot!" Lori states, and Olivia gasped in shock playfully. They started arguing, but I knew it wasnˋt serious, so I brought my attention back to Ashton.

He was still talking to his friends. His table was the center of everyoneˋs attention, including mine. How couldnˋt it be? He was perfect. His brown hair fell down in curls from his head. His face was decorated with beautiful plump limps and sharp facial features, and let me not talk about his body.... Muscles over muscles, but it was not too much it was just all in all perfect.

I sighed and bit my lip. I was pathetic, as if I'd ever had a chance with him. Ashton didn't even look at me with his ass, so it was pointless daydreaming about him and drooling over him. Though, I wasn't like the other girls who would do absolutely everything for him.

I'd never admit that I still had a crush on him, never ever, and I never made it obvious. At least I hoped that no one noticed because I didn't want to be another one on the list of Ashton's admirers.
I was well aware of his bad personality, so I - to be exact - was just falling for his looks, not him as a whole package.

Olivia's and Lori's loud laughter caught my attention, and I turned my gaze back towards them. They were so caught up in their conversation that they didn't even notice me looking at them. Olivia smacked Lori's shoulder because of something she said, and Lori pretended to be hurt.

I smiled at the scene in front of me. I was very thankful to have these two in my life. Our friendship began when we started going to high school. Olivia and I shared a few classes together, and at some point, she started talking to me, so we eventually became friends. She was a short stubburn with Latin origin. Her hair was black and curly, perfectly matching the olive skin tone and dark eyes she had. She was the extrovert of our group, always getting along with everybody.

Lori came to our school two years ago. She was new and of course Olivia as the socializer she is, approached her and quickly she became a part of our group. Lori was a tall blonde with deep blue eyes. She was the quiet one of our group, not really interested in interacting with other people, except for us. She was the kind of person who only revealed her true self when she was comfortable and liked someone.