1

"You had no right. I'm not a stupid little kid with silly little thoughts!" I hissed, stepping my paw into the crispy and ashy sand, crunching under my feet. A small shard of glass from broken Twoleg items pricked my paw, but I quickly removed it.

 Glazingeyes sneered, like a kit watching an apprentice get stuck in a hole. "Yes, you are. Someday, a harsh reality will slap you in the face. If you can't serve your Clan, why let them rest while others work? There's no use in keeping them here," he mocked, locking eyes with me.

 I clutched the gently fabricated valleys of sand, breathing slowly and unsheathing my claws. This was nothing to find funny! "You take me as a joke? You take my warriors as a joke? This will not go on if you prefer to live," I growled.

 Glazingeyes looked stunned, but then began to cackle audibly. This tom knew all too well how to make everyone mad. "You're hilarious. Just like the other weak, frail little kits by the beachside! You all are a bunch of losers and bird-brains. Ripplestar should've let me name you Birdbrain! You're a weak little child who prefers to stay locked up in a world where the world is sunshine and rainbows so you don't have to work!"

 This guy! The NERVE! I'm sick of it. "We DON'T mention Ripplestar... Enough! I'm sick of you. You just hurt the vulnerable all the time if they don't suit your every nee—"

 I suddenly felt claws rake my leg, and a paw pin me down by my throat. I squirmed to get away but couldn't break free and just kinda wiggled around in the sand, my silky golden pelt getting ruffled up and coated with soot and my skin irritated. The fire was crackling and charring the Pebblewall, sizzling, sharp noises crying from the rocks. I could barely breathe, and when I did, it was almost just smoke. "Let me go!" I wheezed, gasping for air.

My vision was blurring and my paws were getting limper and limper, until...

I suddenly felt the weight pulled off me. Instinctively, I gasped for air, panting heavily. I saw a smidge of black and white in the corner of my eye. It was Doublefoot, my deputy. He was clawing, biting, and batting at Glazingeyes and fighting tooth and claw; making him yowl in fury. I smirked pleasurably at the sight.

 But then, he pinned down Doublefoot. I growled, ready to pounce, but then he began to inch near a stab of fire.

 I was quick on his feet, prowling over to him, gripping Doublefoot by his scruff and trying to pull him away from Glazingeyes. Glazingeyes just narrowed his eyes, still gripping Doublefoot.

The black-and-white deputy just bristled his fur in a panic, trying to curl up near me, but Glazingeyes still held his grip. Big splotches of matted black-and-white fur spread across the sand, melting into the fire.