Talk me to sleep.

You just got done watching a movie and feel tired

Time: 10:27 pm

You start to think of what Spencer had said to you, you turn the tv off and go to your bedroom.

You get into your bed and try to calm your brain of constant thoughts, although the nightmares have stopped, you still think about them all the time. Your mind goes in between the nightmare, what you ate last, the nightmare again, and what you are going to eat for breakfast. Next thing you know it is 11:03 pm. You've spent more than half an hour trying to go to sleep and nothings working.

You decide to text Spencer in hopes that he'll give you some scientific advice to help you fall asleep.
Message:
(Spencer Reid)

You: Hey, I'm not sure if you are awake. I thought about what you said and I tried to go to sleep but I just can't.

Him: I have trouble falling asleep too.

You: How do you fix it?

Him: Most of the time I lay in silence with my eyes closed until it's morning, you could also try warm milk or tea.

You: You don't have some sciencey advice?

Him: Sometimes science isn't the answer.

You: 🧪👎

You set down your phone and let out a deep sigh into your pillow, your phone rings.

(Spencer Reid calling)

The conversation goes slowly, both of you whispering in tired voices.

Him: Hey..

You: Hey..

Him: Have you always had trouble sleeping?

You: No, it started at the nightmares and then continued once I broke up with Owen.

Him: ..nightmares?

You: Yea.

Him: ..do you want to talk about it?

You: Not really.

There's a pause

Him: Have you ever been to DC?

You: I've never traveled.

Him: You should think about it sometime.

Another pause

Him: I get them too.

You: What?

Him: Nightmares.. they never stop.

There is silence across the phone, you're trying to keep your eyes open but it's becoming difficult.

You: Have you always had trouble sleeping?

Him: Kind of. Something happened not too long ago and it's gotten worse since then.

You: Do you want to talk about it?

Him: No.

There is another long pause

You: I can't keep my eyes open for much longer, I think I'll be able to sleep now. I'll talk to you later.

Him: Can you stay on the phone?

You don't respond

Him: I just want to be able to sleep.

You: I'll stay on the phone... goodnight.

Him: Goodnight.

Authors note:
This is probably one of my favorite chapters so far, just because of how laid back it is while still being cute and the small mention of trauma.
Favorite chapter of yours?