The CEO and His Doctor

Prem smiled as he saw Preeti interacting with everyone at dinner. She finally seemed at peace with herself and ready to move ahead from the hurt he caused her. It would take her time, but he knew she would be OK. Soon.. He would make sure of it. Her smile was genuine and his promise too.

He would prioritise his health from today and listen to all she would say. That was the sole reason he was sipping on this awful health drink she had brought for him.

Yuck.. he could do well with his coffee and heal faster, he presumed. Well, didn't someone say.. "Happy Life, Healthy Life"... Who cared.. It was "Happy Wife... Healthy Life" from now...

Also, Isha's pregnancy had begun to show, and Prem knew he would need to lessen her burden of work soon. Her workload was fine, but his work was additional on her and he knew she wouldn't be able to take it for longer. She shouldn't. It wasn't hers. Her here was in itself a favour of sorts.

He spent his evening catching up on work updates, and he was exhausted thinking how he was going to convince Preeti that he needed to get back to work.

The sprain on his wrist was bad, and it hurt to even type out emails despite painkillers, and Preeti would kill him if he worsened it.

His shoulder was still stiff after the shot grazed it and was under bandages. His leg injury wouldn't allow him to drive despite it being a minute fracture on his toe, and his head was still heavy after the hits.

Not to mention his entire body was sore in its aftermath.

He closed his eyes. Well, he would feel better once he got to work. He would be busy, and all this wouldn't bother him much. He forgot all of it in the last half an hour when they were discussing work.

He closed his eyes and leaned back, and Rahul looked at him. The rest had left after a long evening, and Rahul was wrapping up with him.

"Dard ho raha hai tho take a break.. Araam se dekh lenge..."

"Not really.. Just that..." and Preeti came behind him. "Kya huwa..."

"Kuch nahi... Yeh poora kar loon phir done.. Tum theek ho..." he looked at her and and she smiled.

"Kaam hai.. Kuch karna hai.."

"Nahi... Bas yeh mails bhejne hain aur kuch documents sort kar loon.. phir free..."

"Bhai.. thoda tho nahi hai... Aur iss speed par lag gaye 2 ghante aur.. Rehne de.. Kal dekh lenge... Soo jaa.." Rahul leaned back sighing, and Preeti sat with them.

"Main kuch help kar doon..." and they both looked at her.

"Mana ke business nahi jaanti par typing speed buri nahi hai meri.. Waise hi araam karne ki zaroorat hai dono ko."

She sat along with them, and they watched in awe as she followed instructions and typed at lightning speed. Her knack for listening along with processing was fantastic, and her work was flawless.

She was a beauty to watch as she moved hair from her face and watched printouts slipping out and she filed them with a smile as she handed it to the men watching her with a an expression that left her amused.

"Aise kya dekh rahe ho.."

"Kabhi koi secretarial job kia hai aapne pehle..." Rahul spoke first, and she smiled.

"Not really... Par internship bohat ki hai.. Baat sunna, instructions follow karna hamara basic hai as doctors..."

Rahul grinned, "Impressive hai bhabhi..."

Prem smiled at that and looked at Preeti as she moved her hair and stood up. "Ab dono off to bed. Rahul, aapke liye guest room khula hai..."

"Kyun bhabhi.. waise bhi next door hi hoon..."