XVIII. She's going alone

JOLENE WYNFORD

¨But I don't think I'd like to go to gymnastics, what if I get hurt?¨ Jude explains as we walk together towards his house.

¨Well, that's definitely a risk,¨ I gave him a nod and turned ahead again, ¨but what if you try it and end up loving it?¨ I started swinging our conjoined hands back and forth to ease him a bit.

¨But, if you really really don't want to, I guess your dad won't have a problem, you just gotta talk to him.¨ I gave his hand a squeeze as we entered the gates to his house.

Today has been... kinda weird, and it's just 9 am.

During this past week there's been new arrangements.

Now Willow, August, Liam and I are sharing a house, but to be honest, August isn't really with us a lot, she spends her days at Louis'. So it's mostly just us 4 at the house I once shared with Zayn and Cleo, now they are at the house Willow, August and Louis shared.

Also, Jude has taken a strong liking to spend time with me, which I think it's pretty cool. So the Styles have been spending time with us, whether it's at our house or at theirs, the kids are always around. They absolutely adore baking with Liam, so we've been baking a lot.

But the thing is, it's always them three, not just one, and this morning when I woke up Jude was quietly watching cartons on the tv. Alone.

He saw me and told me he was there to have breakfast, however, he slipped and said that he went there by himself. I knew Styles would freak out, so I grabbed him and Paul and made our way to the Styles house hold so he knew his kid was safe.

But as he talked I realized he wasn't at our house for just breakfast, he told me Styles mentioned him the gymnastic classes last night and he's freaking out, that's why he literally escaped.

¨I guess you're right, I'll never know until I try it.¨ He shrugged as he stopped in front of the front door and looked expectantly at me.

¨Never knew a two year old could say phrases like that.¨ I chuckled as I raised my fist to knock on the door.

¨Two year old?¨ Jude scrunched his face and looked at me with an offended face but before I could ask him what was wrong the door in front of us swung open.

And there, before us stood a frantic looking Styles who wasn't really facing us.

¨Phone, wallet, keys.¨ He chanted and patted the front pockets of his pants, then his back pockets and ended with his front pockets again.

He was about to sprint out the door when his eyes landed on us, I saw how his shoulders sank with relief and he wasted no time in scooping Jude up.

¨Jude? Where were you, lovebug?¨ He murmured to his son and I crouched down to pick mine up.

¨I just went with Winnie.¨ He pointed at me as best as he could with his arms being pinned to his sides by Styles' hug.

¨But you didn't tell me?¨ Oh, that's why Styles looked so frantic and Jude was alone at our house so early.

Jude just nuzzled his face into Styles chest and he let out a sigh of relief.

¨Please don't ever do that.¨ He told him but sounded like a plea and Jude nodded.

¨I'm sorry.¨ Jude apologized, Styles squeezed him once more before letting him down and just as he let him down Java came running towards me.

¨Well, good morning!¨ I crouched down, letting Paul down and out of his leach so I could open my arms for Java.