♧--Prologue--♧

♧--Reader's Pov--♧

I sat on the swing. Moving my body back and forth slowly with my legs. Stuck in my head. I'm moving to Forks tomorrow with my cousin Bella. Staying with her dad, my Uncle Charlie. I'm kinda glad to leave Arizona. The heat is something I will not miss. I think this will be a good move for me. A new start where no one knows who the hell I am. Leaving this shitty desert behind. It's not like I have friends anyway. The only part I'm gonna hate about it is the fact that I have to keep hiding my tail. I'm tired of always hiding it. It feels so stiff always around my waist. I can't even have it out at home. Aunt Renee doesn't know I have it, nor does Bella. The only person who knows about it is my mother... but she is long gone. She abandoned me on my Uncle Charlie and Aunt Renee's porch and disappeared into the night. I was only a few months old, and Bella was due in a few weeks.

I looked around to catch any prying eyes. Not finding any, I unwrapped my tail from my waist and stretched that shit out. Sighing in relief, my stiff tail flicked around. I watched as it swayed back and forth. I don't know why I have a tail. Charlie and Renee know I have it, and I will never tell Bella about it. I can't help but feel like a freak for this one thing I can't control. And on top of that, I have a little meat on my bones. A round face and a bit of stomach. My thighs are also thick. I was once called "thunder thighs." I have never been more embarrassed about my thighs. I sometimes wish I was a bit smaller than I am now. Everyone is just obsessed with being skinny, and it got to me a bit. I'm just not what someone would find attractive, and that hurts a bit.

God, I hope this small town is better. But with my luck, it's gonna be a shit show for sure.

♧--End of prologue--♧