Chapter Fifteen

Shubman has been driving for a good twenty to twenty-five minutes. All the while, Ishani kept humming to the song played by the song player of the car. She sometimes even sang along with it while Shubman just kept admiring her

Unable to hold her excitement, Ishani finally asked with a hint of urgency, "Where are you even taking me?"
Shubman murmured softly, "Have little patience, Ms Singhania. Once you'll be there, you'll love it and I can assure you that."

"Let's see how much your assurance will work." Ishani whispered to which Shubman looked towards her and just smiled.

After what felt like an eternity did finally Shubman's driving came to an end. Ishani muttered, "Finally, we reached!" Just as she was about to open the car door, Shubman reached out and stopped her.

"Uh-not so easily..." With this he took out the blind fold from his pocket. "You seriously are testing me when I'm famished, Shubman." Ishani let her words out and Shubman just gave a guilty smile. "I'm really sorry but the last and the only thing is this left. After this it is just going to be you and your dinner. And of course me."

He tied the blind fold onto her eyes and then stepped down from the car. Open the door to Ishani's side, he helped her on her feet and then started guiding her towards the dinner area.

After taking about 12 steps, they stopped and Shubman slowly removed the blind fold, allowing Ishani to witness the mesmerising decorations adorning the whole lawn.

Fairy lights had lighted up the place from the trees to the bushes. In front of Ishani, a carpet led to a circular dinner table which was decorated beautifully with flowers and scented candles. A flower basket was placed at the centre beside which a basket containing whiskey was displayed. There were two chairs on the either sides.

The whole lawn felt like a charm as it stood out shining and adorned with flowers in the pitch dark night.

Ishani was still processing her thoughts and taking note of the decorations when Shubman stepped beside her and asked, "It's the first time I planned something like this. Although, I made sure of no mistakes but still if there are any then I sincerely apologize and will try to be better--"

"Shubman, this is flawless. Absolutely perfect and like a dream." Her eyes were still trained on the surroundings but her voice conveyed the assurance to Shubman so he stopped his rant.

After a few seconds, he asked, "Shall we proceed? Someone was famished back then..." He had a teasing smile dancing on his lips. Ishani just glared him playfully before taking steps towards the table.

Shubman diligently pulled out her chair and made her comfortably sit on it before taking his own seat. "Honestly, your assurance worked out because I'm truly loving the surprise." Ishani murmured while still looking around.

"This is just a part of it. The best is yet to come." He spoke while looking into her eyes.  Ishani's eyes widened as she asked, "What? There's more?!" Shubman just nodded and turned over the plates, filling it with food. "Now, eat first then I'll tell you about it. You're quite hungry back in the car."

They both talked about random things, here & there and finished their dinner. "The dinner is over, at least now tell me about your surprise!" Ishani asked as excitement was clearly visible on her face. She was quite anticipated for Shubman's surprise.

Shubman nodded and spoke, "I want you to close your eyes first." Ishani just looked at him with clear doubts racing in her head. However, Shubman just urged her to do so and that's what she did.

As she closed her eyes, Shubman guided her through the lawn and made her stop after a few steps. "Shubman, what--"

"Shh, relax and enjoy the cool breeze, without opening your eyes."

It was completely silent for a few seconds. Shubman had led her to a round porch with four pillars on each of its sides. The roof of the porch along with the pillars was decorated beautifully with lights and flowers. Rose petals were spread on the ground of the porch in the middle of which Ishani was standing with her eyes closed.

Shubman was standing just in front of her. He took a deep breathe before speaking, "Ishani, when we met for the first time, in the hotel, the very first thing that captured my attention was your honey brown eyes. They held a sense of sparkness in them. When you didn't recognize me in the starting, it disturbed me, to my core. And, honestly even your eyes created a problem to me as they kept taking me back to you, again and again."

Ishani who was till now excited was now somewhat nervous. Her palms started sweating and her breathing was a bit paced. Her anticipation grew deeper. Her eyes clenched shut.

"And when you recognized Ishan but not me, you were on friendly relations with him but not me, it irked me then too. I was frustrated, on him, his actions towards you. I was not used to all these jittery feelings but since the day I've met you, I always felt this jittery bubbly feelings around you. Your simplicity and kindness attracted me even more towards you. But, I couldn't understand why I so wanted to be in your presence."

He took a deep breath, mainly, in order to calm himself.

"Honestly speaking I was ignorant towards my feelings but then Ishan knocked some sense into this brain of mine and I realized that the spark in your eyes, your kindness and you, yourself ignite a flame in me, a flame of love, a flame of keeping you all to myself surrounded with love and happiness. I realized that I want to be with you, in times of hardships as well as happiness. I want to be a part of your life. I want you to be my home, Ishani."

"I love you, Ishani Singhania!"

Ishani opened her eyes and found Shubman on his knee in front of her, looking straight in her eyes. She felt tears escaping her eyes. Upon noticing tears slipping down her face, Shubman stood up instantly and held her face in his hands. "Hey! Don't cry, it's okay. I just want to tell you about my feelings. It's completely fine if you don't--"

Ishani cut him off by holding his collar, pulling him towards her and kissing him. For an instance, Shubman was stunned as he couldn't believe what Ishani has done but after a few seconds he came out of his trance and held her close to him by her waist.

His both the hands were holding her waist as he made Ishani more closer to him if possible while her hands remained on his collar, clutching them tightly while kissing him. The kiss was passionate and full of comfort, comfort to all the doubts racing in both their minds.

When Ishani felt out of breath, she broke the kiss. However, Shubman remained unfazed and kept on sucking her lower lip. Soon enough, Ishani left his collar and tapped on his chest making him release her lips.

He detached his lips and kept his forehead on her with their nose touching each other. Both their eyes were closed as they were breathing heavily. The cool breeze was blowing but it didn't affected the heat radiating within them. Slowly, Ishani opened her eyes and spoke while still having their foreheads connected, "I love you too, Shubman!"

They stood like that lost in each other's arms for what felt like an eternity. The serenity of their moment was broken when Ishani opened her eyes and spoke, "Shub, I need to get back home, it's getting late." Shubman nodded and released her before speaking, "Don't worry, I'll drop you. It's just, after today I don't want to stay even a second away from you." Ishani smiled softly and spoke, "We won't be far away, just a phone call or video call away."

"Being with you in person is what I want because this feels more nice, Isha."

♡♡
After a very long time and I sincerely apologize for that but a lot family drama has been going on with me.
Kindly please vote the chapters. You can also leave your feedback in the comments.