Chapter 1: A Devastating Loss of Life

--- Beginning Notes ---

Before you read this fanfic I have a few things to say:

1. Read the description if you haven't already done so.

2. I don't ship the actual people, I just ship their internet personas.

3. I'm not a very serious shipper, I just thought this would be fun to write. And if I already wrote a fanfic, then I might as well publish it, right?

4. Enjoy! :D

---------

As Insym tried opening the front door to 6 Tanglewood Drive, he realized something.

"Oh, no! We forgot the key!" He said, starting to laugh.

"We're so dumb," CJ said, chuckling. Psycho nodded in agreement, laughing as well.

"Do any of you have anything we can use to pick this lock? I'm too lazy to go back to the truck," Insym said.

"Are you serious? You'd rather sit here for 30 minutes trying to pick this lock instead of just walking to the truck and back? You might as well just break the door at this point," Psycho said to Insym.

"Actually, that's not such a bad idea," Insym answered, after he thought about it. "Why do we even need the front door, anyway?"

"Just go get the key, dude!" Psycho said, louder.

"No! You go!" Insym protested. "I'm hurt! I hit my knee on the tripod you put on the stairs earlier!"

"What a tragedy," Psycho said, rolling his eyes. "Wanna do rock paper scissors and who loses gets the key?"

"Okay that sounds fair," Insym agreed. When they did so, Insym got scissors and Psycho got rock.

"Ugh, fine," Insym grumbled as he turned around. He didn't get to walk for long, though, since CJ was already walking back from the truck, the key in his right hand. He handed it to Insym.

"While you two were arguing I already got the key!" CJ scolded Insym and Psycho. "You guys are like little children!"

"You're calling me a child? I'm literally like 10 years older than you!" Psycho argued.

"Yeah, and you act like a 10 year old," CJ said, laughing.

"We all kinda do," Psycho replied.

Insym smiled and looked at the key in his hand. He took a few steps to get to the door and unlocked it. At last, they were in the house.

Each of them had a thermometer, an EMF reader and a flashlight. Psycho stayed in the foyer, Insym went to the living room area and CJ sprinted to the kitchen.

After checking the kitchen for any signs of ghost activity, CJ moved to the dining room, and when he looked at the beige cabinet, he noticed something weird laying in it through the glass, and he walked over. He opened the door to the cabinet and took the item out.

Oh, it's a monkey paw, CJ thought.

He just stood there for a moment, examining the cursed possession. He felt the power radiating off of it as he held it in his hand. He definitely didn't trust Psycho with it. Psycho is a real psycho with cursed objects.

He heard footsteps coming towards him, so he quickly threw the monkey paw on the floor, away from himself.

Soon, Insym appeared in front of him. "Hey, CJ, how's your investigation going? Did you find the ghost?" He asked, smiling.