Meltdown

(Nothing special, just fluff)

The snow fell slowly around the highlands, as December arrived. The days passed until the Christmas Holidays were approaching. After her last trial, the next Keeper and a former Headmistress was introduced to the young witch. Aida had to explain quickly about the holiday-situation & asked Niamh, if it's possible the third trial may be completed before she goes home.

The gate of the Undercroft opened, as she descended into the chamber. Sebastian sent her a letter a few days ago, saying he discovered something in Salazar's old book.

- Hey... - she greeted him.
- Princess... it's good to... - as he looked up, he was stunned for a moment. - Uhm.. you look a bit... different...
- What do you mean? - then she realised. He probably meant the braid. - Oh, this? Well, maybe a little change doesn't hurt.
- It suits you well. - he commented warmly, a little blush appeared on his face.
- Thank you... i guess. So, back to your letter, did you discover something? - she asked him, while she sat on the small desk's edge, making Sebastian even more fluttered.
- Well, Slytherin's spellbook was a little difficult to interpret... but fascinating. Back then he encouraged teaching Dark Arts. The Unforgivables weren't even forbidden at those times. He believed students should be prepared to use Dark Magic, and not to fear it. - he told her, who listened with a clear surprise on her face.

- Quite interesting. Maybe this makes sense now, why we had to use the Cruciatus in the scriptorium. I admit, it was hard to do... but I guess all the pain I endured was worth it.
- And at the same time it was painful to see you in agony. - Sebastian muttered quietly. Aida didn't really hear what he said, only a quiet mutter.
- Did you say something?
- N-no... I mean... I actually found something else in the book. - he pointed at the page where it was open. - References of a lost relic which grants the power to reverse Dark Magic curses. Do you know what it means? One step ahead to cure Anne!

He seemed very excited that he finally found a lead. Even it was connected to the Dark Arts. But Aida knew Sebastian was eager to take any risks for his sister.

- But for now, we better not tell anyone... especially Ominis. Keeping this to ourselves for now is for his own good.
- My lips are sealed, you can trust me. Anyway, I was thinking of taking a walk & watching the sunset soon. Care to join?
- Gladly.

They were about just to leave, but the iron gates just closed, meaning Ominis was here.

- I'll decide what's for my own good.

The duo froze right there. His sudden appearance just surprised them, how couldn't they hear his arrival?

- You lied to me! You swore you'd never engage with Dark magic!
- No I didn't... - Sebastian said. - I said I understood you wanting that... but I'd never give up on finding a cure for Anne. Leave this out... Come, Princess!

Sebastian took her arm to leave, but Ominis held her back. The brunette let her go & whispered to her he'll wait for her at the cabinet up there.

- What is it now?
- You knew I wouldn't agree with this. Going after that relic won't end up good, I feel it! Just like his parents, reckless... It's why they died.

Aida's eyes widened but she heard this when he escorted her to Hogsmeade. Except the fact how.

- Wait... how did it happen? I only know they are gone for so long...
- They were professors. They spent most of their time in the cellar library. Anne & Sebastian were upstairs when it happened, but it was too late, when they heard a sudden crash. A defect with the lamp in the cellar caused the room to fill with an undetectable toxin.
- That's... Oh dear Lord...
- I know. - Ominis continued. - That's why I can't understand Sebastian's recklessness. I've practically lost Anne... and I don't want to lose Sebastian too. Aida, for Merlin's sake, at least avoid anything to do with that spellbook!
- I can't promise... Bash finds all those references promising.
- They are... until it's too late. And I'm afraid Sebastian won't stop & he'll be eager to pursue further. Please... If he won't listen to me, try to watch him over. As I noticed you two are quite close.
- Well, not that close. - she frowned a bit. - I can try to pull him back, if it seems too dangerous. But as I said... no promises.
- It would mean a lot.