On Board

The next school day was much different than the last because over the weekend I had come up with a plan to deal with my little 'problem'.

I skipped all the way to school. My friend was waiting for me.

"Excited for your science test today, Josephine?" Georgie asked.

"Yep, I spent several hours preparing. Thanks for letting me borrow your notes by the way." I grinned at her.

She laughed. "I'll need those back soon though."

I bent down to start digging around my backpack and gather her missing notes.

I handed them to her and she happily took them. Georgie wasn't very keen on cheating but she would never deny me when I needed help.

"Oh hey did you go with Makalia to get your nails done?" I grabbed Georgie's newly styled nails and brought them close to my eyes for a better look.

They were painted a clear blue gloss, and had little star flaked shapes inside. The pointer finger was singled out to just be a dark blue color that was not clear.

Georgie blushed. "Yeah, we had a good time just the two of us."

"That's great! You will have to tell me all about it during lunch."

"Okay, are you going to class right now?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

I delayed whether I should explain my plan to her or not but decided now was not the time. "No, I'm going to go find someone quickly."

"Alright then, see you later." She wrung her hands in a way that told me she did not want to be left alone. But I had little time to care for that right now.

I needed to find String and give him my offer.

Eventually I would need to tell my girl friends about my plan, because they were going to be pretty involved, but that could wait until I got String on board.

String was a very standalone kind of character so it shouldn't be hard to find him.

The School had three main hangout places, besides the cafeteria which wasn't open right now. The field, the main hallway with the bathrooms, and the library. Of all these places String stuck me as the type to follow rules so he probably wasn't loitering the halls which was against the rules. And someone of his caliber most likely didn't want to spend time in the field where the sporty and loud people hang out, meaning he was most likely studying in the library.

So that's where I went to check first.

I pushed open the school doors feeling a gust of warm school air fall on my face. The chilly temperature from before only became noticeable now that I wasn't forced to withstand it.

I walked down the busy bustling school hallways.

The first class bell wouldn't go for another fifteen minutes but most students arrived earlier for some socializing time with friends.

My group of friends liked to hang outside by the stairs. Sitting on the railings and talking about things. Sometimes we would see someone or something out of the usual and have a good laugh about it.

It wasn't very nice of us to make fun of people, but what they didn't know couldn't hurt them. That's what I told myself anyway.

The library was on the first floor, next to the computer lab. I wandered in. It was a huge room with so many bookshelves towering as high as the roof.

I started looking around, seeing many familiar faces but none of them were my target.

Grumbling, I made my way over to a group of people. Michelle was among them. She noticed me coming over and shot me a big grin, waving. "Hey, Josephine! What brings you here?"