A Pair of Fractured Minds

Face to face. This is the end. Suspect stood still, mouth agape. Blood dripping from his finger tips. His victim lying lifeless in front of him. Detective stood still, confronting his query. Finally capturing the very person he's spent all this time hunting down. He raises his gun. Suspect snaps out of his shock, and makes a run for it. He knocks over the table with victim on it, sending them both flying towards detective. He opens fire, missing every shot he takes at suspect. He then begins to run after him. Suspect runs into the bed room, and slams the door shut, at least, he tries to. Detective shoots the door, prompting suspect to give up on closing it. Without another thought, he chooses to jump out the bedroom window. Glass shatters, his right arm bleeds. He lands on the fire escape, just barely regaining his balance. He then continues to run, and travels upward, towards the roof. Detective rushes into the bedroom, almost tripping over himself. He spots the shattered window, and with no hesitation, leaps out of it. The two make their way to the roof. Suspect runs to the other side of the building, and stops at the ledge. Detective makes his way up, and walks up to suspect, knowing he has him cornered. This is it. For real this time. This is the moment. After all this time. After finding his wife's lifeless corpse at home, her flesh ripped out. After burying her and losing all that kept him sane. This was the moment detective had been dreaming up. The moment he gets his revenge on his wife's killer. Suspect stands there, teetering on the she of the building. He stands there, and just smiles. Stares at detective, and smiles, blood covering his whole body. Fury fills detective's mind. He lifts up his gun, and then tosses it aside. Suspect looks at him in confusion. He looks over at the gun, taking his eyes off detective. And suddenly, BAM! Detective rams into suspect, sending both of them flying off the building. Sharks pains fill suspect's side as he falls through the air. Detective is stabbing him with a pocket knife. Repeatedly. Slicing and stabbing. Over and over again. Until finally, SPLAT! The two hit the ground. Their souls forever entwined. It's over. The torment. The constant agony both suffered in their minds. It's gone. Their souls, finally set free. Their minds, nonexistent.