Chapter 2

Ola's POV:

The place was rustling with noise and it was packed! Me and Maria looked around for a bit before seeing a short, stumpy, grey haired woman walk towards us with a pleasant expression plastered onto her face.

"You two must be the new additions to this place, Welcome to Sari's Bakery we make all kinds of sweet and savoury treats you'll both be working on the counter your aprons are in the back, get to working!"

Me and Maria shuffled behind the counter and tied the aprons around us hastily, we looked around before the entrance bell rung signalling someone entering the bakery, a tall woman of stature scrambled inside and had an apologetic look on her face and quickly paced towards us smiling, she took a deep breath before staring both of us directly in our eyes.

"Hi! I am so sorry for being late my alarm wasn't working as usual, but enough of that! I'll be your guide today I'll be showing you the tricks and ways to making our delightful pastry's, let me introduce myself im Lauren"

We both smiled at Lauren before Maria started talking in a joyful tone.

"Hey! Im Maria and this is my friend Ola we are so grateful to be here today it all seems so exciting!"

Lauren chuckled softly and her gaze fell upon Maria, her eyes flickered up and down her build before staring back into her eyes, there was a faint blush upon her face, They both just deepened their gazes on each other for awhile before I broke the silence.

"So what will we be learning today Lauren? I bet you can already tell just by looking at us that we have no experience with any of this bakery stuff"

Lauren and Maria snapped out of their trance and laughed awkwardly before Lauren showed us to the pastry making section, Maria's eyes trailed up and down Lauren as she bit her lip while following her quickly. We were shown the tips and tricks with the pastry's and we soon got the hang of it, Maria and Lauren had gotten pretty close as Lauren watched Maria fumbled with the rolling pin and she giggle at Maria's attempt to roll out the dough, she carefully stood beside Maria and folded her hands above Maria's and moved the rolling pin through the dough helping Maria, Maria's gentle gaze landed upon the hands neatly placed on top of hers, I could almost see a hint of desperation glint in her eyes.