Chapter 1

It is hard to be a writer. Or an artist of any sort. The world won’t let you write. You will be swamped with the mundane tasks of the day. Issues and people running around your head, their voices repeating, numbing your own voice. That creative voice that has been lying dormant for ages. To be able to write coherently, it is necessary to be raw, angry and hungry. Eating a lot will simply divert the bloodflow and won’t let you think creatively. The second most important thing would be the place where ou sit down to write. A place with zero distractions. Maybe an office or a library where you can keep banging the keyboard for hours without the slightly distraction breaking your flow. Ah, the flow is another important thing to develop. But before that, the clothes and body of a writer are a must. You need to dress accordingly to feel like a writer. And the body of an artist is hard to built. Its learn and glowing, all sweated out and exhausted physically only to be able to general mental thoughts. A creative person is the one who is so dedicated to his art, that he doesn’t have the time or luxury to eat, sleep or relax. His muse, his next big idea has hijacked his mind and all he can simply do is obsess over it. Day in and day out. Other things he has to be wary of. To be able to give the best output, he has to limit external input that will break his chain of thoughts. Limit his interactions that are pointless to him. Social media would be the next big creativity killer as you would be lost watching the incessant feeds that crowd your mind and prevernt original thoughts from coming out. For good input, being well-read and well-travelled are the two things that will come in handy. You will imbibe the words from a book and your real life eperience and then mix these things and generate something original that nobody has ever seen yet they can relate to it and appreciate. Bringing out the creative spirit in a human body is there hardest. It will require rigourous discipline and as well as ritual that can awaken the creative soul. Having the creative soul within is divine and magical and only a few people have truly experienced it.
A lot of sleep will come in handy as it will connect the most abstract and unrelated thoughts and ideas and come up with something I call lightning in a bottle. For your own good, you must be willing to give up on the mortal pleasures that imprison the regular joe. You will have to become in something bigger than yourself and how you will be able to give your gift to the society. There’s a lot you can offer the world. But for that to come, you will have to stop thinking like others and doing things that others do. You will do the things, that others cannot possibly fathom doing. Your body will burn to a upper temperature but you will keep on going. You will fight all the urges to distract your brain with cheap dopamine hits that are so cheaply and easily available. You will find places to write. Maybe at the beach, the airport, the forests or even obscure coffee houses. You will keep yourself inspired and will swear not to look at other people’s work or even compare yourself to them. All you will do is write, create for yourself. Because if not now, then when? If not you, then who? You will keep your keyboard handy at all the times and will pick it up at the very first opportunity that presents itself. You will be triggered to write. If not, you will throw yourself in the creative zone which will compel you to write. The sacredness of place and time will play a role in that. Solace will be your friend. Isolating yourself will be a challenge when you have build up a person in youself who is constantly needed by others. Isolation will push you to think deep and about your art.