It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me.

Anti-hero

Taylor Swift

          Hold it, your breath. If you hold it just a while longer you can make it, you can float endlessly at the bottom of the pool and no one will notice.

The bright lights will be just that- lights among stars. Just a few more seconds, but you're already drowning. And to think, you're not even in the water Mina.

You're suffocating slowly all while by the water, a glass in your hand and pills in the other. You're used to this, the loud music. Music of rap and upcoming stars hanging in the balance of yours and their fame.

You're one of them. No, you're better. You're Hollywood's next It Girl. You are better than them.

But you sit at the edge of the pool like you're not. Just...drowning. Now you're Hollywood's Depressed girl, with another glass of Vodka down your throat and antidepressants still in your hand. Tell me, Myoui Mina- how does it feel to be a Star?

Filled with the taste of alcohol down her throat, Mina made a face of distaste, but took another sip- throwing some pills in her mouth along with the liquid.

"Mina, there's no pressure. But if you're scouted for another role, take it. There's plenty of scouts at parties like these and you need to branch out on projects. Get well known." Her manager, Park Jihyo, whispered gently to the girl.

There was silence as Mina looked out the tinted windows to see cameras flashing, stars from HBO shows and other channels already at the entrance of the home, posing for the cameras like the red carpet.

Mina could feel her hand shaking. Was it the drugs and the alcohol or the anxiety? She scolded herself silently, drowning out Jihyo's words of concern as she told herself- to get it together or you're going to be Hollywood's failing star girl before it even starts.

"I'll be alright. Just-." Mina said, suddenly growing silent. Jihyo hummed back.

"They don't like me. I don't have friends here and-."

  "So make some, at least connections. You're a rising star and Hollywood is counting on you. Will from The Dawn will be here to take candid shots so behave yourself and try to be more social Mina. You can't be this reserved girl anymore. You're the next face of Hollywood and people, I am, counting on you to be a star." Jihyo said sternly.

Mina sighed, nodding as she braced herself for the cameras. She was Hollywood's next It Girl.

She had to be what people imagined her to be, so she took a leap and put on a smile. There you go Mina, show us what it means to be a star.

Stares from other stars, whispers from under breaths, Mina felt her heart thumping nervously in her chest. Make friends Jihyo said. Take the roles offered, she said. Sell your soul is what Jihyo said.

In Hollywood you just had to, whether or not you want to or not and Mina contemplated on sinning endlessly for the price of fame.

"Oh, excuse me do you-." Mina faced a beautiful girl in her presence. McKenna Grace gave her a charming smile.

"Mina is it? I saw you at the premiere for Your Symphony. You played a girl named Sharon who's a musical prodigy right?" The girl asked.

Mina bit her lip. So people did know who she was. She nodded shyly.

"Little advice Mina- try and stand your ground. No one can take away your freedom if you keep it to yourself. Own yourself in Hollywood before the sharks grab you." The girl said before giving Mina a gentle squeeze of the hand.