Paradise

As the sun hung low in the sky, Loki and Kate laid in lounge chairs on the patio by the pool outside of their suite. "Darling, this island, I could live here forever", he told her, relishing the sun and sounds and time alone with Kate in the most exquisite place he had ever seen on Midgard. "I know, isn't it a wonderful place, I discovered it while I was on a vacation here with a friend a couple years ago and decided that if I ever got married this is where I wanted it to happen". "I couldn't agree more", he said kissing the top of her head. "Kate, what I just said a moment ago about living here forever, I meant, that I don't want US to go back", he said looking down to see her blue eyes looking up at him. "My love, I have a job to think about and grandparents and a house", she said. She thought to herself, he doesn't have any ties to Greenwich, not even his brother is a tie for him. Thor was nothing more to him than a watchful eye that Loki hated. She knew that here he felt free, more free than he'd felt since he came to her world. "My Darling, I know you do, and I understand that you wouldn't want to leave these things and move to a tropical island on a whim, but can we at least talk about it"? he asked her. "Yes, my love, we can, but right now can we just enjoy our honeymoon"? she asked. "Darling, absolutely. I've enjoyed all of my time here with you", he said with a soft smile on his face as he looked at her lovingly. He watched her eyes close with the most content look on her face. She's so happy he deduced, and so in love with him. She looked up to see him staring at her with the slightest smile on his face. "What"? she asked. The sound of her voice broke his concentration and startling him. "Nothing", he said, breaking free from his thoughts of her.

"Commmme on, you were staring", she hummed, with a soft giggle. "I was just thinking, in all the time I've known you, I've never seen you so happy", he said. "That's because I've never been this happy. My life is now complete", she said, closing her eyes and taking in a deep breathe. "Loki, you are the missing piece of the puzzle that made my life complete", she said, trying not to let the tears that had pooled in her eyes fall down her face. They spent the evening by a fire, first on the beach, until the night air became to cool for Kate. Loki picked her up into his arms and carried her inside where he built a fire in the fireplace. "I'm going to call room service for food", she told him. "Do you want anything in particular"? "Yes, actually I do, I would like some of the toffee cake we ate a few days ago", he said with a sly grin. "What's that look for", she asked. "You'll see", he said laughing to himself. Rolling her eyes she called and requested their food.

Soon it was delivered by room service. Succulent roasted chicken, local fresh roasted vegetables, freshly made bread, toffee cake and a bottle of their favorite wine. Kate spread a blanket on the floor, setting 2 place settings side by side in front of the food. She poured them each a glass of wine and they sat down, cross legged on the blanket to eat. "I want to propose a toast", he said, holding up his glass. "Thank you, Darling for being my best friend, my love and the best wife a God could ever ask for, I love you with all that I am". "You're welcome my love, I feel the same way about you", she added. They clinked their glasses, he placed a soft kiss on her lips. They began to eat, taking turns at sharing their food. After they had finished their meal, Loki looked down at the container that covered the cake. "On Asgard, toffee cake is considered a delicacy", he told her, picking up a piece, offering her a bite. When she opened her mouth to take it, he smeared some of the toffee on her cheek and down the side of her neck. Laughing, she asked, "and you did this because "? Reaching down he licked it off her cheek, moving down to her neck. Kate hummed with pleasure and Loki released a low growl in his throat in response to the sounds that she made....he felt them into his core and the familiar tingle of his lengths response tugging at his pants. "Is this how they enjoyed it on Asgard", she coo'd. "No Darling, but it's how I am enjoying it here", he said softly into her neck, with a smirk on his face. He laid the piece of cake down and eased his finger to Kate's lips, past her teeth until the hilt laid against her soft lips. "Suck", he commanded. She began to suck the sticky sweetness on his finger. He groaned with pleasure as her tongue moved from the hilt to his finger tip, Loki closed his eyes and breathed sharply as she moved her face back and forth sucking the sweetness from his finger. "My darling, your tongue gives me great pleasure". Removing his finger, he captured her mouth with his own he kissed her, deeply.

Moving the food and dishes out of the way he laid her down on the blanket. Looking into her blue eyes, "My darling, being here with you, sharing private time with you, making love to you", he stopped. "Yes, my love", she said. Searching his face as he closed his eyes as if he was trying to find the words to say to her. "It has been a dream come true", he crooned with that velvet voice that Kate felt all the way down to her core. Reaching up she tangled her fingers in his jet black hair, "I love you so much Loki", she whispered. He made love to her there, on the soft blanket in front of the warm fire. After they finished he ran them a warm bath and carried her to the tub. She could smell the sweetness of the oils that he had added and the flower petals that floated on top of the water like clouds in the sky. He lowered her into the tub, then crawling in behind her, she lowered her back onto his chest.

"Kate, tomorrow I want to do something that I've never done with you before...share a love of mine with you", he said, kissing the top of her head. "From the sound of your voice, I'm guessing it's a surprise"?, she started to ask, but thought better than to do that. "Yes, it is, but I think you will love it as I do", he said to her softly. "Anything with you, is always a pleasure", she said to him. After they had thoroughly bathed, they each dried off and crawled into bed. Kate loved it when Loki wrapped his arm around her as she slept. It made her feel safe, she knew that no harm would come to her, her sleep was always peaceful.

The next afternoon, Loki picked up a bag and took her hand leading her out to their hammock on the beach. Pulling a book out of the bag, he began reading poetry to her. Listening to his velvet voice with the waves gently kissing the shoreline, the hammock swaying gently in the breeze, rocked Kate to sleep. Loki listened to the soft sound of her breathing. He put the book down, wrapping his arm's around her, closing his eyes. With the warm tropical breeze kissing his cool skin, he thought to himself, this truly is Paradise.