Prologue

It was the weekend, the days where you can hang out with friends, stay out or sleep in, relax or you can visit relatives. Like how Jake's family was getting ready for. "Are you sure you want to stay home? You're not going to change your mind?", his dad asked. Jake nodded in response. "We'll be out a while..", his mother said as she fixed up his brother Milo's shirt. "It's okay I-I'll be fine mom, I just don't wanna go this time..!" Jake said, forcing a smile. Jake's parents looked at one another with worry. He could faintly hear his parents' whispering.

"I think he should stay." "I think he should come..! He's gonna be alone.." "He's sixteen honey..besides he'll have Oreo..He'll be fine." That's all he could hear. The rest was too quiet. He was feeling someone shaking him slightly. He looked down seeing Milo looking up at him. "Yeah..?", he said. "You okay?", he asks. "Oh..yeah I am.", he said softly.

Milo wasn't convinced and was about to say something when their mother's sighing, cut him off. The blonde woman turned to her oldest. "Okay Jake..you can stay home." "Whaaaaat??", Milo groaned, forgetting what he was going to say. "Why does he get to stay home?", he whined. Their mother laughed. "Well I guess you can stay home too but.."

"Well that means that Kyle won't have anyone to play with.", their mother said, putting on a sad voice. Milo's eyes lit up at the mention of his 'favorite' cousin's name. "He'll be there?!",Milo asked ecstatically. Their mom nodded. "Yep! I made sure with your aunt Charlotte.", his mom smiled. "Nevermind! I wanna go!!", he exclaimed, opening the door and running out to the car. "Milo!", she exclaimed. "Be careful sweetie!", their mom says as she goes after her youngest.

"Okay. There should be some money on the counter for you to get something to eat and uhh..oh! Don't forget to lock the doors.", his dad said. "I know dad.", Jake rolled his eyes. "You tell me that every time."

"I know I want to make sure you remember!", his dad said ruffling Jake's hair. He then walks to the door, "Don't throw any parties when we're out!", he exits the house. Jake let out a soft laugh, "Byeeee!", he waved his hand to the door as it closes. He didn't take his eyes off the door until he heard the car leave the driveway.

His smile faltered as he brought up his phone's screen. He stared at Hailey's contact and all of his read messages with none getting responses. Sighing he shut off his phone and stared at the ceiling.

'Wonder where Oreo is? Maybe sleeping in Milo's room again..' Jake thought. He kept his gaze on the ceiling, his mind elsewhere before he heard a knock at the door.