🦄🦄🦄

"guys are you sure it won't like...get infected later?" Madoka has for the most part given up in convincing them to just get this done at the mall instead, but she's still making weak attempts.

"Dude if it does we can just pour some peroxide on it I think. He'll be fine." Chuuya has been trying to reassure her that he knows how to do this and dazai has had worse happen to him anyways.

He's looking at the little dots he put on the bandaged freaks ears trying to decide if they look even. "Hey madoka, does this look even? I don't actually wanna fuck this up."

Madoka looks at it and nods, still very worried because yeah the dudes been shot, stabbed, stepped on, kicked, almost drowned by himself, punched, literally the worst anyone can think of, but that doesn't mean he should have another kid pierce his ears. That's not safe especially when the only thing he did was watch a 5 minute YouTube video last night.

"Wait where did I put the needle.." the ginger who recently got his life ruined looks around him and panics for a few seconds and realizes he put it on the countertop beside madoka and picks it up. She's still not convinced that she's dating a 'demon prodigy' because he isn't prodigying right now, letting your rival-friend pierce your ears isn't smart. and she's not convinced chuuya knows what the hell he's doing. She came over to play smash bros and watch chuuya redecorate his animal crossing village. Not babysit because of some impulsive decision her boyfriend made.

"Oh yeah also I have a few options for earrings, I made kouyou get kuromi ones, unicorn, uhh...the rabbit dog from hello kitty...oh yeah his name is cinnamoroll, hello kitty herself, and these mushroom, ones." Chuuya pulled out multiple pairs of earrings and showed them to dazai. His eyes lit up at the kuromi ones,

"I want the kuromi ones." He said in like less than a second, he looked like a toddler that was just told he can have ice cream before dinner, and both of the other kids thought it was absolutely adorable to see the demon prodigy so excited over a cartoon character.
It's was genuinely refreshing for them all to have literally a day of being normal middle schoolers, I mean madoka has watched Mami get fucking decapitated by a witch, her best friend turn into one and die, homura being a psycho bitch over her, and kyubey being behind all of it and not even knowing what he's doing wrong. And then there's chuuya who was like actually forced into the port mafia, with so much more trauma before that anyways. and dazai is a pretty secretive person about his past before the mafia but being as eager to die as he is at 15 obviously isn't normal. So yeah it was safe to say that all of them haven't had a day of comfort in a while.

"Fuck I lost the needle again madoka do you see it?" The girl in pigtails stood up and looked around and picked it up off the edge of the bathtub next to where dazai was sitting and handed it back to chuuya.

"Dude is your brain small just like you?" Dazai mocked him and he rolled his eyes and went over to the sink to wash the needle.

"I hate to break it to you hun, but I'm the exact same size as chuuya, you don't make fun of my height, why is that?" Madoka half defends chuuya and half questions dazai.

"Well your madoka, it's different." He refuses to elaborate further and everyone just gives up trying to talk to each other.

Chuuya finishes his half assed attempt at disinfecting the sewing needle and walks back over to his rival-friend who's sitting on the edge of the bathtub. He sits down Infront of him and forces his head down so he can reach it while sitting.

He not so carefully stabs the needle into his earlobe and quickly replaces it with the kuromi earring. madoka cringes at the sight because that doesn't look very comfortable. but dazai still looks happy about the kuromi earrings so it can't be horrible.

He does the same with his other ear and this time the kid who apparently refuses to put his arms through his coat squeaks a little this time and madoka gets worried until she looks at him and he's still fine.

Chuuya stands up and dazai jumps off the edge of the bathtub to look in the mirror. He looks at his ears in absolute awe, he's basically soaking wet in excitement. which is an extremely rare occurrence and even in the year madoka has known him and the couple of months chuuya has known him, they haven't really seen him that happy about something.

Madoka and chuuya giggle at the silliness of him being happy over something so small like having his favorite character jammed into his earlobe. Though it's kinda as cute as it is silly.

"Do you think Mori's gonna care?" Madoka asked, the concern returning to her.

"Probably not, I think he might be a little disappointed I didn't say anything first but he doesn't give a shit what I do to myself" dazai has a point, Mori barely made the effort to fish him out of ponds and rivers or deal with his self inflicted boo-boos before he gave that responsibility to madoka and chuuya. Madoka doesn't mind helping though, it makes her feel like she's actually doing something that gives her a purpose. Chuuya is fine with it because he's a decent human being, he doesn't really like dazai as a person yet. But it was a kinda bitchy thing of Mori to just expect them to be the ones going dazai fishing and playing doctor 3 times a week.

"Now am I a good piercer or am I a good piercer." Chuuya did that zesty ass pose with his hands on his hips and that zesty ass smirk. Like the one Clyde did when he was on the top of the list.

Madoka laughed and dazai was too busy looking at kuromi jammed in his earlobe to care.

"Do you guys wanna play smash bros now?" Chuuya asked and shoved dazai into madoka to jumpstart his brain again. Madoka fell backwards and dazai landed beside her.

"Oops sorry guys" he dragged dazai up by his hair and madoka got up by herself.

"Yeah I wanna play but I'm gonna be princess peach." Dazai said before literally anyone could say anything.

"Okay fine I'll be Pikachu or something." Madoka wanted to be peach because she's pink, but she doesn't actually wanna fight about it.