1. Beginning

Hello, readers. I hope you're well. You can skip my rants if you want to and go to the story. Today I came with a new part of the story "Mesmerizing Epilogue". This is the first chapter of the story. I'm a beginner writer, so if you see any mistakes, I genuinely apologize. Hope you like the story, vote and comment if you do and if you want to see more updates or chapters. Don't be a silent reader, share your opinion. I'd love that. I won't talk anymore. Enjoy the story>>>>

__________________________

"Samira Apu, when you were asleep last night, Ahiyan bhaiya took so many pictures of you and even kissed you."

Hearing her 8 years old niece's words, Samira was stunned. The face of the tall, fair boy with his aristocratic attire left an impression! With sharp eyes, thin brows, a round nose, and full lips, he was a handsome boy. Why would he take picture of a girl like her? Did he also kiss her?

(Sister)

Samira turned her head towards Ahiyan and asked, "Are Lily's words true? Did you take pictures of me while I was sleeping, Ahiyan bhai? And..."

(Brother)

Samira couldn't complete the rest of her question. Ahiyan turned his neck towards her, his expensive camera hanging on his neck. With clenched teeth and narrowed eyes, he looked towards Lily. In fear she hurriedly walked away. Avoiding eye contact, he ran his fingers through his thick hair and once flicked his finger towards Samira. Then, with an expression of annoyance, he said, "Do you think of yourself as Miss Diana, Samira? What made you think I'd take a picture of your sleeping state like that? And moreover, you thought I'd kiss you? It's better to kiss a dustbin than kissing YOU."

Samira's face turned pale in an instant. The sky of her mind was covered by the dense dark clouds. She took a deep breath, holding the dupatta in her hand firmly. She couldn't let tears come to her eyes. She collected herself, looking at the insensible man who had shattered her day of happiness with contempt.

Ahiyan, named after his mother's brother, was Samira's only cousin on her father's side. The family lived in Sylhet, but due to his father's job, Ahiyan had been living with the family in Dhaka since childhood. That's why Samira had never seen Ahiyan with her own eyes. She had seen him at a family event seven or eight years ago. After many years, they had met again yesterday. After talking for a few minutes yesterday, she had a good impression of him. But today, she had seen his crude and distorted mentality for the first time.

The sound of Ahiyan's humming echoed in Samira's thoughts. Looking back, she noticed that Ahiyan had moved. The camera had shifted positions, now aiming towards the scene in front of him.

Ahiyan's elder brother was getting married today. In this context, Samira had been at Ahiyan's house for two days. It had been such a good time until now. But Ahiyan seemed to have smashed the mountain of happiness that was in her mind.

Samira didn't say anything. She looked around once and then walked towards Ahiyan. With venom in her voice, she said, "Don't try to play tricks with me, Ahiyan Zafar! I can see how much you've degraded in character since your time in Dhaka. But listen, don't let the Dhaka wind blow over you too much. Otherwise, all the meat from your bones will be separated."

Ahiyan turned his eyes away from the camera and said with surprise, "What?"

"I want to know why you took my picture. Shame on you! How disgusting your mind and mentality are. I don't know if my clothes were alright while I was asleep! What have you done!"

Samira's face was filled with worry. Ahiyan clenched his teeth and said, "If you say one more word, I will give you a severe punishment. I told you I didn't take your picture."

"Then why would a little girl lie to me?", asked Samira in frustration and confusion.

Ahiyan swiftly removed the hair strands that were falling on his forehead with a smile and said,

"Do you think of Lily as your little girl? How funny! There are only one piece like her in the world!"

Samira's mind was lost in deep thought. Whose words should she believe? Ahiyan or Lily? With a tugging sensation in her scalp, she turned her head towards Ahiyan. Deep in thought, she directed her gaze towards him. The camera was continuously taking pictures of the scene in front of it.

Samira stood in front of Ahiyan. Surprisingly, she reached out her hand towards the camera and said, "Give me your camera. I'll see if you really took a picture of me!"

Ahiyan held the camera tightly with both hands and said, "IMPOSSIBLE! It's impossible!"

"Why? Why is it impossible?"

Without waiting for Ahiyan's response, Samira tried to touch the camera. Just before she could touch the camera , Ahiyan grabbed her hand and pushed it away with slight force. Samira got chills by Ahiyan's sudden touch. Samira backed away a little bit. Clenching his teeth, Ahiyan angrily said, "Don't cross your limits. Giving the camera means giving my heart! I won't have the audacity to touch the camera with that filthy hand."

Samira's courage faltered at the intensity of Ahiyan's voice. She pulled back a bit. She lowered her gaze, murmuring she went down the stairs. It was almost three in the afternoon! By this time, they all should be leaving for bride's house. Glancing at Ahiyan once again she saw him changing posture. He was talking with Ariyan bhai with his friends while smiling at them.

Samira murmured determinedly , "Young man! Today, if your camera doesn't break, I won't eat rice. From this moment, I've started a hunger strike to break the camera. Idiot!"

Samira suddenly felt someone touching her shoulder. As soon as Samira turned around, she saw her Fuppi. Fuppi, with a clear voice, said, "Why are you standing here like that? Won't you go with Ariyan? Quickly go and tie your hair. Everyone will leave within ten minutes."

Samira started adjusted the pleats of her sari. With open hair hanging behind, she touched them once and said, "Oh Fupi! Let me leave my hair open!"

"Don't you dare! It's so hot! You'll get sick. Fix it after going to the room. It's a long way to go."

"Are you going too?"

"No, I'm not! Everyone else will go. Everyone means everyone!"

Fuppi hurried off towards the kitchen. Everyone was busy with their tasks. Samira glanced once at Ahiyan with narrowed eyes. The camera swayed on the sofa beside them. His attention was drifted elsewhere.

Gradually, a smile formed at the corner of Samira's mouth. She fixed sari's end and put a strand of her hair behind their ear. Then, with a swinging smile on their lips, she moved towards the camera. She swiftly took the camera and hid it with the end of her saari.

_________________________

After brushing her hair and tying it up, Samira moved towards the door. With a soft push, she tried to open it. But it wouldn't budge.

Thinking it was a mistake, she tried again. Not once, not twice, but several times. After a while, she realized someone had locked the door from outside. Fear crept over her as she banged on the door a few times. No response. Feeling foolish, she stood still for a moment, then suddenly rushed towards the window. Removing the curtain, she was surprised to see there was no one outside the gate, no cars or people at all! Did everyone leave without her?

Samira felt the presence of tears in the corner of her eyes. Suddenly the door opened with a loud thud and she looked back. Unlocking the door from outside, someone entered the room. It was a guy wearing a black kurta, AHIYAN. Taking a glance of worried and surprised Samira, he locked the door from inside.

___________________________

This is the end of the story. Hope you liked it. Hit the ⭐ button if you did! This is the first chapter and I don't really know if you'll like it or not. I'll try to update more and faster, but it really takes time to write and correct it. So, I really hope you will support and help me grow as I'm a minor. Anyways, thank you for reading. I love you always. Bye!!!!