🔞6. Wanting the Wanted- p1 (Bottom Shubman)

*third person's POV*

‼️‼️Bottom Shubman‼️‼️
‼️‼️Top Ishan‼️‼️

Shubman Gill, a renowned FBI agent. He was everything one could have been and the others were always kinda jealous of him. Being just 24 he'd secured a highly reputed position and respect in the FBI.

"Morning, Gill. What's the plan today?"
"Any clues of him yet?"
"No. But our team might have suspected a pattern in his robberies"
"Great. Show me"

Jasprit Bumrah, the co-leader of his team took him towards the pin board. He was a senior but Shubman was just better in every skill. He was one of the rare people who never envied Shubman and was proud of his success.

"This is what the team has predicted. The date of each robbery increases by a very unspecified amount of numbers. Sometimes it's too less, and sometimes it's too many. The wanted is mostly seen robbing past sunset."

"Hm, what about the clues that we've gotten?"
"We tried interpreting them... Here's what we got"

He referred to the messages and letters the wanted had left. They were written in some form of code language that was hard to decipher.

The team had only managed to understand a few letters and words. His instincts told him that something they were doing was wrong. Yet, he congratulated them and took the stuff back to his cabin.

A few hours of decoding and planning, he finally figured out the real pattern, what it meant and what the messages meant.

"Sir? It's almost midnight, you've not even eaten anything..."
"It doesn't matter. I think I might have figured the messages out... Get the team into the assembly room."
"Yes, sir"

..

He told his team about the messages and the pattern. Everyone was shocked to see how much had the Wanted planned already.

If this person is this smart and capable, I don't think they belong to such a path
Thought Shubman. He couldn't be sure though. Guess he'll never know until he encounters the Wanted himself.

.....

"It's time" Jasprit nodded and commanded the other agents to head over to the soon-to-be crime place.

Shubman picked up his own gear and followed. They were waiting for the criminal to enter the jewelry store, hidden in a special costume.

Any moment now.

The clock was only ticking by, when they heard a loud noise of a window breaking. But it wasn't in the store they were gatekeeping, it was in the building beside it.

"Everyone, move! Shoot the criminal on sight"

There was a lot of chaos and movement. Guns firing, but in vain.

Shubman only came to check outside the store for a minute, when he saw a silhouette break in, and within a swish it exited.

Their face was covered. Only eyes visible, which looked deep in Shubman's, as he started back.

He was absolutely helpless because the person moved at lightspeed. Shubman could only notice the figure of their body as the criminal tried to run away quickly.

"FUCK! "
"What happened, Gill?"
"I missed it, Sir. I missed it"
"Did you manage to get even a little bit of information?"
"Yes. Ask the team to search around in both the buildings and question the residents too. I'll pay a visit to the forensic artist"

.....

"His frame was shorter. He'd probably reach to about my shoulder level, or maybe less. His whole face was covered in black. His hair were visible. A little grown out. He even had those earrings, golden"
"What about his eyes, sir?"
"They were sapphire. Beautiful sapphire. They had a perfect shape.... Perfect for a criminal, of course. "