-Chapter 1-

___

"Talking"

'Thinking'

*Writing*

-[Flashback/Time Skip]-

___

!Important!

I do not claim the rights to 'Rising of The shield hero' or the 'Alien' franchise, all rights belong to their respective owners, that can also be said about any videos or images used in this story

Now please enjoy

Chapter 1 - "An 'Alien' Encounter"

Naofumi Iwatani sat infront of the fire, checking the stats of the slave girl, Raphtalia, he had recently bought off a shady fat man in an alleyway, as a companion to aid him in battle. The girl in question had a pair of racoon ears sticking out from the top of her head and also a tail of a racoon, and she was currently eating away at some fish they had caught.

Naofumi: "That might come in handy"

He continued to read the description of the shield he had unlocked, the blue mushroom shield, which he had got by inserting a blue mushroom into the green gem on the shield he now had permanently had fixed to his arm since he had come to this world, as the 'Shield hero'.

Raphtalia: "Sir? Master?"

Naofumi closed the menu and looked up at the girl.

Raphtalia: "Who are you? And what I mean by that is, who are you really?"

He took a second to respond, trying to come up with an answer for the young racoon.

Naofumi: "I'm a hero, the Shield Hero"

Raphtalia: "Wait, do you mean the four cardinal heroes?"

He nods in response as her eyes widen with excitement and her mind flashed back to a moment in her past.

-[Flashback]-

A younger Raphtalia sat infront of a fireplace, in her father's arms.

Father: "Raphtalia do you know of the four legendary heroes?"

She nods.

Raphtalia: "Yeah, the ones with the sword, the bow, the spear, and the shield"

Father: "Right, the Shield Hero. Out of all the heroes, he treated us demi humans very well, and they were grateful to him"

Raphtalia: "He did? Then I for sure want to meet him"

Her father slimes at her, then her mother pauses her knitting and turns to her husband and daughter.

Mother: "Well, if you're a good girl, one day, I'm sure you will..."

[Back to the present]