Chapter 2

3 years later

Sang Jia woke up as the sun's rays peeped through her tinted window. It had been a long three years for her and now she was in Grade 11. She still had 2 more years to go and then she would finally be able to get a breath of fresh air. 

She slowly stretched her limbs, got up from her bed, and made her way to the bathroom. The hot shower trickled down her body, calming her nerves from all the stress she was having. She stood there for a while, taking a much-needed shower in the morning, and later, when she was done, she wrapped a towel around herself, did her skincare routine, and got dressed for school.

As soon as she came out of her room, she woke her sister up from the adjacent room. Surprisingly, her sister got up without giving her much trouble.

" Good morning JieJie " she greeted with still-closed eyelids and a sleepy voice. Jia just chuckled and replied to her back and then made her way to the hall to wait for her meals. And to her surprise, she found her brother who she hadn't met for about a month, as he was busy with his university.

" Gege " she ran over to her brother and engulfed him in a hug to which he sweetly reciprocated.  The siblings were laughing together catching up on everything they had missed and the parents were looking at them fondly. At that moment, Sang Zhi made her downstairs and found the interaction. She playfully avoided her brother and went to greet her parents who were in the kitchen.

" Good morning little demon " he exclaimed in a loud voice but Zhi just ignored him which aroused laughter among the parents and the middle one while Sang Yan grew confused.

" Eh, little demon " he got up " Can't you see me " he went behind her But Zhi acter busy on her phone and glanced at him and said " Big brother, your back" and went back to scrolling her phone. Jia shook her head knowingly and went towards the dining table where the entire family gathered for breakfast.

" This is my home, of course I'm back," he said to which Zhi replied " Oh, so you know this is your home. When was the last time you were back? You ask Mom, Dad, and Jia if they still recognize you "

The playful banter started when the two siblings argued with each other while the others just had their breakfast since this was their routine. 

" Here, try on this egg crepe that Dad made for you, " their mother said. Zhi took one acted as if she was going to feed her brother and ate herself. She exclaimed with a thumbs up while Sang Yan just imitated her. He received a small beating from the other sibling that made him go back to his eating. 

" Dad, I'm moving back to the main campus. So, I might need to borrow your car " he said, while being seated between the two siblings.

 " Do you have a lot of things? Should I get a moving company for you " his dad asked while taking a sip from his juice.  " No, it's fine Dad, I can manage. Besides, I'm helping my roommate as well with his stuff, so your car would suffice "

This piqued the interest of both siblings. Both of them put down their food and looked at their brother with full attention.

" Which roommate? " Sang Zhi asked to which she was replied 'Why do you care?'

" I'll help you move " she announced while her brother puzzily looked at her. She even fed him a crepe and Jia understood her sister's intention and chuckled to herself. Sang Zhi noticed this and gave her sister a 'be quiet' look.

" You want to help me move? " she just nodded with an innocent look. " Why? "

" Actually, can I help you too " Jia interrupted and Sang Yan just gave her a look. 

" Why do you wanna help? No need, both of you need to go to school " he replied and her mother added " Zhi, you have science tests coming up, you need to prepare " to which Zhi whined.

" Then I'll go, my schedule is free anyway for today. And it's been a while since I got to spend time with this idiotic brother of mine. I can come, right? " Jia looked at her brother with doe-like eyes and Sang Yan had no words to say as she took control over immediately. It was no secret in the family that Jia had the loud brother wrapped around her little finger. Though he loved, both his sisters, Jia had a sweet spot saved in his heart. 

Snag Yan and Sang Zhi bonded by fighting but Jia and Yan bonded differently. They spoke, made fun of each other, knew each other well and all their secrets. Although Jia may have left a secret where she crushed on her brother's roommate very badly.

" I'll take the silence as a yes. Thank you " Jia said and went back to her meals leaving no space for her brother to argue. " Fine, I guess " he sighed " You can help me with the small stuff, but be careful " he warned and Jia enthusiastically nodded. 

" Why am I always left alone, even though I wanna help " Zhi puffed out but Jia just patted her head saying " Next time Little kid ". Her hand was immediately swatted away. The rest of the breakfast went peacefully in the Sang household.