Chapter 5

As Kiara stepped into her room, her heart still racing from the adrenaline of the encounter with the mysterious figures, she couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air. Her mind replayed the events of the night, each detail etched into her memory with startling clarity.

Collapsed onto her bed, Kiara took a deep breath, trying to steady her trembling hands. The darkness of the room enveloped her like a suffocating blanket, and she fought against the rising tide of fear threatening to overwhelm her.

With trembling fingers, Kiara reached for her phone, her hands shaking as she dialed the number for hotel security. As she waited for someone to answer, her mind raced with a thousand thoughts, each one more terrifying than the last.

"Hotel security, how can I assist you?" The voice on the other end of the line was calm and professional, a stark contrast to Kiara's frantic state.

"I-I need help," Kiara stammered, her voice barely above a whisper. "There were people following me, and I think they wanted to hurt me. Someone saved me, but I don't know who they were, and I'm scared."

The security guard's response was swift and reassuring, promising to send someone to check on her immediately. As Kiara hung up the phone, a sense of relief washed over her, knowing that help was on the way.

Minutes felt like hours as Kiara waited in silence, the tension in the room palpable. Every creak of the floorboards sent her heart racing, her senses heightened to the slightest sound.

Finally, a soft knock sounded at the door, and Kiara's breath caught in her throat. With trembling hands, she reached for the doorknob, her heart pounding in her chest.

To her relief, it was the hotel security team, their presence a welcome sight in the darkness of the night. They listened intently as Kiara recounted the events that had transpired, their expressions grave as they took notes.

After ensuring Kiara's safety and offering reassurance, the security team conducted a thorough sweep of the hotel grounds, searching for any sign of the individuals who had threatened her.

As the hours passed and the night gave way to the first light of dawn, Kiara found herself enveloped in a sense of gratitude for the stranger who had come to her rescue. Though she knew it was Kristen who had saved her, she chose not to mention his name to the security, fearing the consequences of involving him in the situation.

With a newfound sense of resolve, Kiara vowed to uncover the truth behind her father's murder and the events that had brought her to this moment. And as she closed her eyes, the weight of exhaustion finally overtaking her, she whispered a silent prayer of thanks to Kristen, the unexpected hero who had crossed her path in the dead of night.

As the morning light gently filtered through the curtains, Kiara stirred from her sleep, her mind still foggy with remnants of the night before. She lay in bed for a moment, allowing the events of the previous night to replay in her mind like a broken record. The realization that the person suspected of her father's murder was the same individual who had saved her from danger filled her with a mixture of disbelief and confusion.

Slowly sitting up, Kiara glanced around the room, taking in the soft hues of dawn painting the walls with a golden glow. The tranquility of the morning offered a stark contrast to the turmoil within her, a reminder that life went on despite the chaos that often consumed her thoughts.