( ii )

ii

ii. drink spill
❝ i'll definitely text you ❞

   ヾ₊˚. crossed paths music box
is now rolling . . .

dangerous • the neighborhood ft yg
might call another one this afternoon

AND SIM JAEYUN WAS INCORRECT.

weeks passed, and he remained glued to his bed, with neither of his parents returning home early from work.

his father had been overworking, and his mother had been stuck at her office, while his siblings went out all the time, and he stayed at home. receiving calls, images, and videos from his buddies about the new city they were visiting made him jealous out of sympathy.

to top it all off, he stood in the kitchen, hair messy and untidy shorts that needed to be washed, and a white dirty shirt with black cat slippers as he stared shockingly at his family. it was still the sunrise, but everyone was wide awake—who were making homemade pizza, but the reason was because his cousins were arriving at their house for their hundredth visit during the summertime. his great-grandmother passed when he was five, so his parents—particularly his mother—decided it would be pointless to travel to his home country.

he grumbled and rubbed his brows with irritation.

"is this why we're doing pizza?" jeanette, his younger sister, scowled disappointedly while removing her oven mitts and laid back on the counter, while her father nodded and poured a glass of homemade orange juice for their mother.

his other, older sister whined face palming herself.

the summer was meant to approach gently, but after the day of rain, everyone and everything was heated. and the temperature was terrible, with their air fans and air conditioners running constantly, most of them staying in sports shorts and shirts off.

jaeyun took a piece of the pizza that was prepared only for them and puffed with dissatisfaction.

"why do they always have to come? jayn, his older sister, asked.

"it's becoming a tradition," jaeyun continued, drawing laughs from everyone—cracking a faint smile on his lips.

"no, but he's right." jeanette stated, throwing her thumbs over her shoulder to her brother. "can't they just come once?"

"just bear it, we barely go out anyways, they could whip us up for a while," their mother replied, chuckling and washing her hands.

"your mother's right. we don't have time to go out, and they may have fun activities this time," their father said, with a shrug.

"i'm going out," jaeyun said while he stood up, earning a nod from his parents before smiling and heading to his bedroom to get dressed.

he needed to hurry away before his relatives show up because, knowing them, they'd stick with him and keep reminding him how much he'd grown and matured. and the young girls who are crushing on him and almost making a move on him make him feel ick.