Prologue

Jess sits in her room her back pressed against the head board and her arms wrapped around herself trying desperately to hold herself together. She knows that she's past that point she's broken, depressed, lost. But she won't admit to her that would make her weak, in her mind depression is a weakness that was what she was told.

People who are depressed are selfish and don't really know what they have, that's what her father always said. So she's fine to the rest of the world all smiles and laughs covering up her screaming and pleading for help, for something.

She lifts a shaking finger and traces the two white lines on her arm. from trying. trying so desperately hard to feel something, anything that might give her the slightest light a slight feeling or emotion.

But she failed she didn't get that release everyone talked about, instead she felt nothing and had to spend the next few weeks sweeting while wearing long sleeves.

Instead she turned to writing, music to be exact. I was the only thing that could her in times like this so she decided to make her own. No one knew she could sing if anyone asked her to sing she would purposely sing badly. to her, her singing voice was as private and pure she didn't want the horrible world to ruin that so she didn't let it.

This is the story of a girl not only fighting for her own life alone but also taking the responsibility of a nations suicides and making it her mission to stop them becoming her.
----------------------------------------------

I just wanted to warn everyone that this might be a trigger is you have had depression.

I will be position a quote with each chapter and it might not always relate to the chapter but it will relate with depression.

Sorry for the mistakes I will go through and check it soon.

Just remember I am always here to listen and everyone is alighting their own battle so don't make it harder for them

- Stars can't shine without darkness.