Stubborn- George Weasley

A/N

After a multiple year hiatus for absolutely no reason, I am back. At least temporarily. Please enjoy random updates. Forgive how bad they may be as I'm out of practice.

I absolutely hate conflict so there will be no war or badness from Voldemort in this one. Requested by M_Kassy101 (go read their stuff!)

***

*third person POV*

Y/n y/l/n and George Weasley always hated each other. In their second year, George dyed y/n's hair firetruck red before the big game between Slytherin and Gryffindor. Y/n was a Slytherin and naturally hated the prank. George of course found it quite amusing. Y/n is not one to forget, and has vowed to remain George's enemy. George upheld his end of the rivalry merely because y/n was a Slytherin. The pair was constantly getting into flashy arguments, often landing themselves in detention. This year was no different. 

*George's POV*

I woke up to the sound of faint shuffling.

"Get up."

It was Fred. 

"We can't be late on the first day."

I rolled over and groaned.

"Come on, it's our sixth year! Only one more after this. Just get out of bed."

Fred rudely threw a pillow, which knocked me out of bed. Now I'm awake. 

"Buzz off."

I mumbled, starting to get ready for the day. Another year of mind-numbingly boring classes. The sooner I get started, the sooner the day is over. I reluctantly got dressed and grabbed my things to head to breakfast. 

When I got there, someone across the Great Hall caught my eye. My arch nemesis y/n y/l/n. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, which Fred noticed.

"Are you seriously going to keep pretending you hate her again this year?"

"I'm not pretending! She's awful. Always has been. Always will be. She's a snake, Fred."

Fred hesitated.

"Aren't you the one who pranked her first?"

"W-well... she deserved it!"

I stuttered. 

"What color is her hair?"

Fred asked.

"Why is this important?"

I remarked.

"Just answer the question."

Fred insisted.

"Brown, but it has red undertones in the light."

"What color are her eyes?"

Fred continued to inquire.

"Grey, but they look more blue closer to the iris."

"Favorite flower?"

"Sunflowers, duh."

Everyone knows that, I thought.

"What perfume does she wear?"

I rolled my eyes before answering.

"She smells like an orange blossom."

Fred smirked and squinted his eyes, studying me closely.

"But you hate her, right?"

Fred was acting like he knew something I didn't.

"Obviously."

I rolled my eyes once again at his stupidity.