Love and Tears (Chapter One)

It's a lovely Saturday morning with breezy wind blowing all over Mr Martin's compound. The tall masquerade flowers Keep dancing as though it would come falling down any moment. The boots of the car is wide open but yet almost filled up with luggages. "Why do we have to leave Uyo?" 16 year old Silver cried out as she takes one of her bags near the car. Mrs Martins, adjusting her medicated eyewear didn't love the idea too but felt that it was the best for the family. "Babygirl I understand. But you know Daddy has been promoted and given a big apartment in Abuja. We need to be there with him."
Trying to reassure her tall slim daughter with SlimGirl Esque shape seemed a herculian task. She dips her hand into her expensive Hermes bag and brought out her phone. Her phone is the black variant of iPhone 12pro max.
"Hello baby, I'm having a bad time convincing our babygirl about joining you in Abuja" she whispered into her phone while walking back into the now empty building making sure Silver didn't eavesdrop on her conversation. "I understand but then she can finally attend her dream school Heritage high. I'm making arrangements with the principal already. I'll call her now and talk to her don't worry baby."

"Please do baby🥺" (Mrs Martins)

Mr Martins walks into the bedroom to arrange her jewelries. Silver who is standing outside very moody suddenly brightens up her face with a huge smile as her friends Joseph and Mary walk into the compound. "I never thought I'd see you guys before I get forced out of this place" Silver said with excitement as the trio engage in a group hug. Mary is light skinned, average in height but her long blue gown makes her appear taller than average. A blonde hair to go with her pointed nose makes her a real beauty. Joseph on the other hand has the physique of a basketballer, dark skinned with popped out Adams apple. His round face and dreadlock hair makes him appear a bit more handsome. "What kind of friends will let their best friend go without even a proper good bye?
Joseph asked while still holding Silver by the hand. Mary and Silver burst into laughter "Who knows?" Silver added, feeling a lot relieved. "Well even though we were going to make our way here definitely before you leave, your dad specially asked us to come see you..."

"You have a lovely dad you know?"

Joseph chipped in to interrupt Mary. Mary gives him a daring sneer indicating her unhappiness. "Thank God Silver is leaving I'll see how you'll cope without her hovering around you. Are you guys sure there's nothing going on between you guys?

"Mary!"

Silver and Joseph yell out simultaneously

"What? Isn't it obvious? Even the blind can sense that you guys have been definitely up to something"

Mary continued, trying to dig out more information about her brother and best friend. Silver now a little bit shy smiles while she stares at Joseph.

"Silver and I are really good pals nothing more"

Joseph stated, but deep down in their heart (Silver and Joseph) they knew they were more than just pals.

"That's true"

Silver confirmed. As they were having a lovely chat, Mrs Martins came running out of the house.

"Silver, Silver... She yelled out with a trembling voice

To be continued