Chapter 9

Nicholas

I woke up and there was banging on my door. I tried to go back to sleep, hoping the person would go away but they just kept banging.

"Baby, who's at the door?" She asked groggily.

"I don't know but I'm going to go check. Go back to sleep, sweetheart." I said before untangling myself from her. She turned over and snuggled into my pillow. I grabbed my glasses and went to the door.

" Yeah, yeah. I'm coming for fucks sake." I yelled as the banging continued. I opened the door and it was Derek. He pushed past me and came in. "Why are you here this early?"

"Boy, it's 12 in the afternoon. It's not early." He said. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. I didn't go to bed until 1 in the morning because I was thinking about what Kadriye said last night.

"Again, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I haven't seen you in a month. I thought you died." He said taking an apple from my island and rinsing it.

" I texted you last week. That should've been enough."

"What's got you so busy that you can't spend sometime with your friend? Your only friend." He asked just as Kadriye came out of the bedroom, still rubbing sleep out of her eyes with her bonnet halfway on her head.

" I told you to sleep."

" You were taking to long." She came over and wrapped her arms around me and snuggled into my chest, completely ignoring the other person in the room.

" Oh, I see now." Derek exclaimed. " I don't blame you man. I would've forgotten about you too." He chuckled. I sighed. Kadriye looked next to me.

" And you are? " She asked him.

" Nick, I'm hurt." He held his heart.I rolled my eyes.

" Sweetheart, this is my friend, Derek. Derek, this is Kadriye my... " I hesitated for a second. " girlfriend." I blurted out. I couldn't say friend because she was much more than that. I was just scared to admit it. I looked down at her at she was already looking at me with a wide ass smile and a twinkle in her eyes. I smiled at her and kissed her nose. She unwrapped her arms from my waist and held out a hand for Derek to shake.

"It's nice to meet you, Derek." She said. He took her hand and shook it.

"Likewise." He said and she let go of his hand.

" I'll wait for you in the bedroom." She said seductively and left.

" How?" Derek asked.

"I still don't know either."

" I didn't know you like black girls. Damn, I didn't think you like girls at one point."

" Fuck off." I flipped him off. " And I think all women are beautiful, regardless of race." I whispered.

" Why are you whispering? "

" Just in case, she can hears me." I said. " I once comment on how beautiful one of the actresses was on a movie we watching and she slapped me, turned off the tv and left." I explained. He laughed.