large parties are so intimate

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

chapter two: large parties are so intimate

˖⋆࿐໋₊˚ ☆

ELEANOR USED TO be shy, according to her parents whenever they compared her to Leonardo who was the extroverted one, while the youngest child of the Armani's didn't seem that interested in trying to get to know her classmates.

Back when Eleanor was in elementary school, she dreaded having to step out of her mother's SUV to go to school, while Leonardo would be ecstatic to go to show off to his friends the new game or toy he had since everyone in his grade and the ones below liked him because he was a fast runner and had the coolest toys.

Isabel knew of her daughter's lack of friends and her son's large amount of them, leading her to a simple, but helpful and very much-needed idea on how to resolve Eleanor's situation; a play date with Leonardo's friends.

The other parents liked the idea because they wanted the good influence of Eleanor to impact their rowdy children, but Leonardo felt embarrassed by having to bring his younger sister to one of his closest friend's house.

"Why does she have to go?" asked an eleven-year-old Leonardo to his mother as she finished braiding her daughter's hair.

"Because Rosio and Francesco also invited Eleanor," answered Isabel as she placed a scrunchie on Eleanor's hair. "They have a daughter."

"I know," uttered Leonardo with an eye roll as he began walking to the front door and opened it to head out to his mother's car, feeling his cheeks a bit hot on what his friend would think when he arrived at his house with his younger sibling. Leonardo and Eleanor only had one year of age difference, but to the dirty blond, it felt like ten.

Isabel looked at her daughter closely one last time and she looked presentable, resembling a porcelain doll.

"Remember, be nice and polite, Eleanor," explained the light brunette as she moved the blonde's two braids to the front as she nodded. "You remember the girl's name?"

"Mhm," nodded Eleanor again. "Camilla."

Isabel smiled and got up, patting her knees a bit and took hold of Eleanor's hand, and began to walk towards the front door as Leonardo hurried them up with yells about being late to the Govender-Rossi's home.

"DAMIANO JUST LEFT me in a dark alley," complained Fabio as he placed his hands on the pockets of his pants. "All alone."