ribbons in knots

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

chapter nine: ribbons in knots

˖⋆࿐໋₊˚ ☆

NICCOLÒ LAID ON Virginia's bed as she played with his wavy hair in between her fingers and a soft smile decorated her face as he could only stare away at the wall and its lack of creativity.

It was just a plain white bedroom with a few light pink things all over.

"My parents have been asking what we're going to do after Collodi," she whispered with her free hand propping her head up as she continued to play with her boyfriend's hair.

Niccolò thought about asking «we?» for a moment, but he didn't let that intrusive question out, and instead, he asked something else that had almost the same meaning as what he originally wanted to ask.

"What do you mean?"

Virginia laughed thinking that the brunette was joking, but when his eyes shifted to her and he was still holding the same expression as before she knew he wasn't.

"We're going to the same college remember?" she said with a smile as she lightly shook her head.

They didn't even know which university they were attending in September, but it was speculated that they were going together after being one of the couples that had been together the longest.

"Oh, yeah." he nodded but didn't remember where the blonde got that idea from. "But it's October, graduation is months away."

"You know how my parents are," Virginia shrugged since the only thing her dad cared about was what college she would be attending and if it would be worth his money, and her stepmother cared about whatever he did.

Niccolò looked back at the wall as he felt the blonde pass her hand through his hair, messing it up even more than she had a few minutes ago.

He didn't know what he wanted to do after Collodi, Virginia planned to major in fashion, Leonardo was going to study finance so he could inherit his dad's business, Brando was doing the same, Vittorio was majoring in Engineering in London, and Carlo was going to keep swimming during college while studying to be a lawyer like his mom. Even Camilla knew she wanted to be a child psychologist.

Everyone knew what they wanted to do with their lives, but him.

His parents were proud of him of course for maintaining good grades all through high school, but now this was his last year and he needed to start preparing for college entrance exams, instead, he was fooling around with his girlfriend whom he didn't even like anymore while thinking of his friend's sister. He was a mess.