Azul

The bows on her arms stained with red, her thoughts running as her arms as the last spot of white got covered; the bows were heavy as her tears looked pink on the floor. In a moment of clarity, she looks at herself in the mirror making sure that she is still there. If only she could see, but her mind is clouded; the media had told her that she has to be skinny and wear make-up in order to fit in, her parents on the other hand bullied her, for not being strong and smart, she was just going to be a loser that would get pregnant in high school. No one knew how she really felt, hiding in the shadows making sure no one could see her pain. She had lost herself trying to please everyone around her. Wearing different masks to hide her true self. Drowning herself in loud music cutting out the world made her feel some type of inner peace, there wasn't a way to escape her reality. She was lost with no way back. 

I remember when Azul first got here, she had written this in her brown leather notebook; her family judged her because of her way of living. Azul's mother was a devoted catholic; she hated that her daughter was a lesbian. In her mother's eyes she was the devil's spawn and a huge disappointment. They had the fake picture of a perfect family, the dad making money; mom staying home with the kids; brother in college. While in everyone's eyes they were perfect Azul knew that the hell being put through wouldn't be for long. I remember when I saw sitting alone in the library, she was sitting at the last table facing the window. Her hair is just like her name blue and down mid back. She was wearing black head in her bag with some drumsticks sticking out. She jumped out of her seat as I tapped her on the shoulder "I love the color hair." she gave me a smile "um.. Thanks.." I sat in the empty seat next to her "My name is Lucia... Lucia Bradford." She looked at me and seemed so confused. "I'm Azul Nolan." She was reading a true crime book. I just knew I had found my new best friend. I opened a bag of chips xxtra flamin hot cheetos, she looked at my hands and stole one of my chips, I laughed and she went back to reading her book. I pulled out my laptop and connected my earphones, she kept peeking over. I offered her earphones and we watched true crime documentaries until the bell rang for class. "I'll see you here at lunch?" She looked at me with a smile, I nodded my head. We headed to class.