Chapter 1 .•°•. Birds - Imagine Dragons °•.•°

□ TW: death; blood; self-harm; depression □

~Kazuha's POV~

"Hey! Kazuha!"

Two fingers snap in front of my eyes.

"What makes you space out so hard?"

I look at the person with cherry hair and bright green eyes, who continue to snap their fingers.

"Oh, sorry, Heizou. I was thinking about..."

I wanted to say Tomo, but it didn't seem appropriate at the moment.

"Yeah, we all know what you were thinking about. You're our little head-in-the-clouds-guy." Said the guy behind the drums while spinning a drumstick.

He had dark turquoise hair, piercing golden eyes, and a big green tattoo on his left shoulder.

I sight.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry, I'll try to focus."

Straightening my back, I place my fingers back on the keys.

Heizou gets back to their bass, while Venti, the one with big turquoise eyes and two dark blue braids, which fade into the same colour as their eyes, starts playing guitar.

Short after that, Xiao, Heizou, and I start playing too, while our vocalist, Aether, with a very long, blond braid and eyes like the sun itself, starts to sing.

Near the end of the song, my phone rings.

"We told you to turn off your sound while we're practising!" said Xiao, very annoyed.

"I did! Except it's an emergency!"

I look at my phone, and my eyes widen when I see that it's the hospital. I curse and call them back immediately. Gladly, they pick up pretty fast.

"Good afternoon, Kadehara Kazuha here." I try not to sound as panicked as I feel. Still, my voice feels very stiff.

"Ah, yes, good afternoon, Kadehara. Are you Tomo's relative?" A female voice asks.

Tomo? Oh no, has something happened to him? My mind is racing.

"No, but his only relative is not reachable, so I'm the emergency contact. I'm his boyfriend."

"Alright. We have to inform you that Tomo was brought to the emergency station. If you are the closest person to Tomo, we would ask you to come here."

"Understood. I'm on my way." I hang up.

"Oh no. Oh no, no, no, this can't be happening." I mutter.

"What's the matter?" Venti asks with a frown.

"Tomo... Tomo was brought... to the emergency station..."

Aether nods.

"Okay. Kazu, should we come with you?"

"I'm... I'm not sure."

I'm not sure about anything. My mind is focusing on Tomo and Tomo only.

"Let Hei come with him, I think it's smart to have someone by his side so he won't do something stupid on the way there, but too many people could be dangerous." suggests Venti.

Everyone agrees.

Heizou steps to me and speaks softly: "Kazu, let's go, we need to get to the hospital."

Hospital... right... Hospital... Tomo...

I stand up, grab my things, and half walk, half run out of the studio and to the train station.