Chapter 12 .•°•. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - Green Day °•.•°

□ TW: slight dislocation □

~Kazuha's POV~

Okay, this should be the last hard day, I got this. Everyone else will be there, too.

I step out of my apartment with some paper cartons and make my way to Tomo's old one. We need to get his things out. The guys will come too, as well as Tartaglia, to help us sell some stuff.

I soon get there, it's one floor under my apartment, after all.

Only Xiao and Tartaglia are there yet, and I open the door for them.

Stepping in, the air freezes in my lungs. Even if it's a bit muffy, because no one opened the windows in days, it still carries a bit of Tomo's scent.

It feels like I can't breathe anymore.

A door slam gets me out of the little trance. Xiao opened the window, and the door closed because of it.

I open the door again, placing a chair in front of it so it doesn't close again.

Fresh air blows through the apartment, and it gets easier to breathe.

I go further into the room and get a couple of plastic bags for garbage. I think there will be a lot of it. Some of the paper cartons are for the things that I want to keep, and the others are for the things we can sell.

I immediately start with the first closet, sorting things out.

I hear small footsteps that shouldn't be here. Turning around, I see a child with pink hair looking at the carton with the to-sell stuff.

"Oh, Dori. What are you doing here?"

Dori was Tomo's neighbour. She is known by other children as a fair but independent merchant of the neighbourhood. Anything you need, she has it – for a fair price.

"I was bored, and the door was opened. Is this the stuff to sell?"

"Yeah, and this is for the garbage," I say, pointing at the box.

"No, this is no good... you can sell this." She points at a few things.

I nod, and she throws it into the other box.

Soon, the others come too, packed with snacks, drinks, and music.

And then, the only thing we do for the next hours is eating, listening to music and sorting.

Keeping this.

Throwing away that.

Asking Tartaglia and Dori if it's sellable.

Answering questions like "Do you want to keep this, Kazu?", "Is it really okay if we throw it away?".

Soon, I get to the closet with the clothes. Most of them get into the selling box, but then I see one particular hoodie: it's a matching hoodie to mine. He got it for us on our first anniversary. It triggers so many memories. I clutch to the hoodie as the scent overflows me.

It's suffocating.

I can't breathe anymore.

My head gets dizzy, and everything gets smaller and smaller. Colours start to swirl, my vision getting blurry.

No, no, no, I need to get out of it.

"Kaz? Kazu. Kazuha!" Scara's voice snaps me out. I look up and meet his worried gaze.

Sniffing, I quickly wipe the tears out of my eyes that I didn't even notice fell.

"Hm? Yes, what is it?" I ask.