Dark air

The friends planned a trip to another city. The trip would last three days. Every night the girl would go to bed and Dark Matter would follow her and sleep at the foot of her bed. He told her that when she left, he would take care of the demon for once and for all. She asked him how he could get the demon to stay in one place. Dark Matter simply told her not to worry about it, and that everything would be alright when she returned home. 

Her and her friends had a fun time being tourists. Once they left the city the girl felt relieved, and didn't suffer from any attacks on her trip. Her friends remarked that she looked much better than when they had first left. They returned home happy and giggling. When she entered her house again, the air in it felt lighter. The lights were brighter and the colors more clean on her furniture. Only one thing was missing. Dark Matter. She looked over the entire house but could not find the strange ghostly being or the cat. She did notice a few things that were out of place and some scratches on the walls and floors. After being home for a day she heard a yowling at her door. She opened it to find a ragged Oculis outside. He stumbled in and flopped on the floor. He was out of breath and his white eyes were nearly shut, but he purred when she pet him and he seemed content. 

Once he was able to stand, he explained that shifting would take too much energy. He told her that the demon was gone, and had been attacking her because she passed by a tear in the fabric of the spirit world. The demon would have had to kill her in order to take over her body, because it had no physical form. However, it was able to bite and scratch her, trying to get enough power to kill her. Dark Matter stated that she was lucky he was able to find her, and that she took him in. The next morning, he was gone. 

It was a year until the girl saw the strange ghostly figure again. It was across the street one dark night as she walked home. She spotted his eyes, and smiled. The spirit-like being returned the smile and waved. Even though the demon was gone, he was still looking out for her, with his bright, white eyes.

End ?