5. Hero Gone Bad

A sharp knock echoed through Debbie's quiet home, stirring her from her reverie. Opening the door revealed the imposing figures of GDA personnel, their presence overshadowed by the commanding figure of Donald Ferguson.

"Debbie, you are needed in the GDA base," Donald's voice cut through the air, a directive delivered with undeniable urgency.

With a determined nod, Debbie followed them to the heart of the GDA, her mind swirling with questions and apprehensions.

In the hushed corridors of the base, Debbie confronted Cecil, her eyes betraying a mix of confusion and frustration. "Why did you keep Nolan's secret from me?" she demanded, her tone tinged with accusation.

Cecil, ever the strategist, met her gaze with a solemn expression. "I couldn't risk Nolan finding out we knew until we understood his intentions and how to counter them," he explained, his voice tinged with remorse.

As the gravity of the situation sunk in, Cecil revealed a chilling truth. "There might be only two people who could fight Omni-Man. One of them is working for me. And you should know who the other one is," he stated, his words laden with ominous implications.

Debbie's defiance flared at the suggestion. "No, Mark is not going to fight his father," she declared, her resolve unwavering in the face of impending conflict.

Meanwhile, Omni-Man grappled with his own turmoil, rehearsing the words he would use to disclose his unfathomable deeds to Mark. Confidence laced his voice as he envisioned Mark's understanding, believing his son was capable of comprehending the weight of his actions.

Ben Tennyson, worlds away from the impending confrontation, found solace in the simple pleasure of a meal at Burger Mart. With chili fries in hand, he indulged in a moment of culinary comparison, muttering to himself, "These chili fries have nothing on the Burger Shack ones."

Nolan looks for Mark in his house but finds nobody except a GDA agent, who he grabs and slams into the ground. He is shot at by many of the agents, who he kills swiftly. He finds the house the GDA had bought in front of them which infuriates him, but Donald tells him it was for his family's protection. Nolan tells him he has always been pathetic and crushes his spine. Donald tells Cecil that it has been an honor and blows the house up.

Debbie and Cecil watched the house blow up from the GDA. Debbie realizes Nolan will find Mark and says that she does not know what he will do. Cecil tells her that they needed to find Mark before Nolan did.

As William drove along the dimly lit streets, the mundane rhythm of his journey was abruptly shattered by the unexpected appearance of Omni-Man, his usually composed demeanor tainted by an unmistakable rage. Startled, William rolled down his window, concern etched across his features as he addressed the enraged figure.

"Hey, Mr Grayson, everything alright?" William's voice wavered slightly, uncertain of the source of Omni-Man's fury.

Nolan's response was curt, his voice laced with irritation. "Where's Mark? You were supposed to drop him off an hour ago," he demanded, his impatience palpable.

Unnerved by the intensity of Nolan's demeanor, William stammered out an explanation. "He... he's with Eve," he managed to reply, a tremor of fear creeping into his voice.

With a menacing growl, Nolan vented his frustration by denting the metal of William's car with a single, powerful blow. The metallic groan echoed through the night, sending a shiver down William's spine as he hastily divulged Eve's whereabouts.

As Nolan took to the skies, leaving William shaken in his wake, the wheels of fate churned relentlessly, drawing disparate threads of destiny ever closer.