Ch-9: "Affection and Appologies"

As the evening sun cast its warm glow through the library windows, Minho glanced at his watch, noting the time - 3 o'clock. A sudden pang of concern gripped his chest as he realized that Hyunjin must be starving by now. The sound of his own growling stomach served as a reminder of their shared hunger.

Utilizing the skills his mother had imparted before he moved out, Minho closed the book he had been engrossed in, drew the curtains shut, and turned off the air conditioner. With a sense of urgency, he made his way towards the art room, his footsteps echoing softly in the empty hallway.

As he approached the art room, a familiar scent of paints and a cool breeze from the air conditioner greeted him. Pushing the door open gently, Minho's eyes immediately landed on Hyunjin, peacefully asleep on the carpeted floor.

A pang of guilt washed over Minho as he took in Hyunjin's sleeping form. The tension that had lingered between them earlier now felt heavy with regret. Without hesitation, Minho hurried to their bedroom, retrieving a pillow before returning to Hyunjin's side.

Carefully tucking Hyunjin under the blanket, Minho couldn't help but notice the smudges of paint on his face and the disheveled state of his hair. Guilt gnawed at Minho's conscience as he realized the extent of his neglect towards Hyunjin.

"Jinnie, I'm really sorry. Please forgive hyung," Minho whispered softly, his voice filled with remorse. He gently wiped away the paint from Hyunjin's face, a small smile forming on his lips at the sight of his beloved's endearing features.

Removing Hyunjin's apron, Minho discarded it in a corner before adjusting the room temperature to a more comfortable level. With each tender gesture, Minho's affection for Hyunjin swelled within him.

As he caressed Hyunjin's dark locks, Minho found himself overwhelmed by a wave of emotions. "What are you doing to me, Jinnie?" he murmured, his heart swelling with love and longing as he leaned down to press a gentle kiss on Hyunjin's forehead.

In that moment, Minho vowed to make things right and to never let his neglect come between them again. For in Hyunjin's presence, he found solace, forgiveness, and an unexpected depth of love that filled his soul with warmth and gratitude.

As Minho rummaged through the fridge, his eyes lit up when he found some already cooked rice tucked away, likely left by Jisung or Felix or Chan. "Looks like someone's been thinking ahead," he mused to himself with a grin.

Next, he discovered a row full of eggs, boneless pork, chicken thighs, various sauces, and even scallops. "Whoever stocked this fridge must really love their protein," Minho thought, impressed.

With ingredients in hand, Minho set to work. He cooked up a delicious egg garlic fried rice and prepared pork tonkatsu for lunch, saving the chicken thighs for later. The aroma of sizzling food filled the air, making his stomach growl in anticipation.

As the food cooked, Minho glanced at his phone and saw a message from Chan about their recruitment and starting work tomorrow. He quickly finished his meal, leaving the rest for Hyunjin, and texted Felix to ask him to show him the market at the end of the highway.

Suddenly, Minho remembered he hadn't given Hyunjin the phone Chan had asked him to. He sighed, realizing he couldn't text Hyunjin about his plans. Instead, he jotted down a handwritten note and stuck it to the fridge with a magnet.

With the note in place, Minho grabbed his wallet and headed out with Felix, looking forward to their outing and feeling a sense of responsibility settling in as he prepared for his new job.

[TIME LAPSE]
As Hyunjin rubbed the sleep from his eyes, he stumbled into the kitchen, greeted by the tantalizing aroma of freshly cooked food. Blinking away the last remnants of drowsiness, he made his way to the sink, opting to wash his face there instead of trudging to the bathroom.