^_^

pisses me off that i need to say this, but it is NOT weird or gross for a parent to give their child a bath, it is totally normal. If you think its weird, get mental help.

Alec had been reading outside, sitting on the steps of their porch, when he was snapped out of his focus on the book by a yelp from the grass.

Fiore had stumbled and fell to the ground. She didn't seem hurt at all though. Alec had taken her outside so she could play since there had been no storms for a while

"Are you alright, Fiore?" Alec called to her.

Fiore, still on the ground, just raised a thumbs up in response. Then she spoke. "I'm good!" She called, her voice was laced with laughter. Alec was glad she could laugh about falling and wasn't hurt.

Alec shut the book and placed it on the porch step. He got up and walked over to Fiore, who was sitting upright now and was wiping some dirt off of her face with her sleeve.

He let out a small chuckle of amusement before gently taking her hand to help her stand up.

Once Fiore was standing up, Alec led her back to the porch to go back inside. She wasn't exactly COVERED in dirt, but she was pretty dirty and Alec decided she probably needed a bath.

Alec stopped for a moment just to pick back up his book. Fiore just held onto his hand and followed him.

He opened the door and went inside as Fiore followed him, he made sure to lock the door behind them. Just a safety habit he had, and it made Fiore more reassured as well.

"Alright, I'm going to start a bath for you and put down my book, alright?" Alec spoke.

"Mmm..... alrighty!" Was the cheerful response he got in return.

"Oh! Also!" Fiore grabbed a flower out of her pocket and handed it to him, it had pretty red petals.

Alec smiled at this, it was normal for Fiore to find flowers and give them to him, but it never failed to be absolutely adorable every time she did.

That was usually all she did when she played outside, she just collected flowers or weird looking plants the whole time. Alec remembered once she had found a bright green mushroom, he still had no idea how.

He had actually begun saving the flowers Fiore gave him when they died, he put them in airtight plastic bags and he kept the bags in a drawer. He didn't like throwing away the flowers she gave him just because they died.

Fiore didn't know he did that yet, and Alec didn't plan to tell her for a while. He didn't really have an exact reason, he just thought it would be funny when she saw just how many flowers she had given him when he finally showed her the drawer.

"..dad?" Fiore spoke, snapping him out of his thoughts. She was standing next to him as he held the flower.

"Oh, sorry Fiore. I must've zoned out" Alec chuckled.

She held onto his hand again as they walked to the bathroom. Fiore sat on the sink counter as Alec started the bath.

Alec turned the handle to make the warm water pour into the tub. He held a hand under it to make sure it was not too hot or too cold.

Once the tub was almost full, he took a bottle of bubble bath soap and poured some of it into the bath water.

It worked quite quickly, a bunch of fluffy bubbles started to show around the bath until the water was completely covered in bubbles.

"Alright, I'm gonna turn around so you can get in the bath" Alec spoke to Fiore as she was sitting on the counter.

Fiore nodded and watched Alec turn around and face the door so she could get into the bath.

"Alright! I'm done!" Fiore called out to him, letting him know that he could turn around now.

Alec turned around and crouched down next to the bath, Fiore's body was covered by the bubbles, only her head and shoulders were visible.

He picked up a water cup and dipped it in the bath to fill it up with water, he poured the water over Fiore's hair a few times.

Once her hair was wet, he picked up a bottle shampoo and poured some into his hands before gently stroking his hands though Fiore's hair to get the shampoo in it.

After Fiore's hair was all soapy and bubbly, he filled the cup up with water again and poured it onto her hair to get the soap out.

Fiore shut her eyes tightly and leaned her head backwards to avoid getting the soapy water in her eyes.

Alec finished washing her hair with the shampoo quite quickly, he repeated the process with the conditioner before taking a step back from the bath.

"Alright, I'm gonna leave the bathroom so you can get dressed" Alec spoke to her.

Fiore nodded her head in agreement and Alec left the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

He picked up his book and sat on his bed so he could read while he waited for Fiore to finish getting dressed.

After about two minutes, Fiore left the bathroom wearing her purple pajamas. Her hair was a little more dry but it was still pretty wet.

She walked over to where he was sitting and sat in front of him as Alec grabbed a hair brush to brush out her hair.

He brought the brush through her hair in gentle strokes as he brushed it, he attempted to try to go soft with the brush so as to not hurt her. Her hair wasn't that tangled so it was pretty easy.

Fiore just hummed and fiddled with the strings on her pajamas as he brushed her hair, it didn't hurt her so she was pretty calm.

Which was unlike when he brushed her hair after it got tangled, usually she attempted to pull away from the hair brush when he brushed her tangled hair.

He finished brushing her hair quickly and set down the hairbrush on the small side table next to his bed.

"Alright, do you wanna sleep in my bed or your bed tonight?" Alec asked her. Sometimes she wanted to sleep in Alec's bed with him.

"Uhh...yours!" She eventually decided.

Alec chuckled and responded. "Alright you can sleep in my bed tonight".

Fiore smiled as Alec laid down and she laid down next to him, she scooted over and curled up into a little ball next to him as he wrapped his arms around her.

After a little bit, Alec eventually heard soft snores coming from Fiore. He closed his eyes and fell asleep as well.