Matter of Time

As the tension in the room continues, a sudden interruption shatters the uneasy silence. All eyes turn to the source of the disturbance.

Dante Agapov, the younger brother of Carlos, dons a tailored dark maroon suit with a satin button-up dress shirt, two buttons undone revealing his chest. His jacket boasts classic peak lapels and a slim, modern fit, while his trousers are expertly tailored for a polished appearance. Completing the look with polished black dress shoes and his sleek silver watch. His black hair is parted in the middle and his green eyes are always so relaxed.

His entrance brings a wave of sidelong glances among the assembled families. With a disarming smile, Dante gracefully navigates the room, exchanging pleasantries and nods with the other family members. His charm is palpable, effortlessly drawing people into his orbit while concealing his true intentions beneath a veneer of congeniality.

As he approaches the table where the families are seated making a mental note of each seating, Dante's gaze lingers on Adriana for a moment longer than necessary, a flicker of recognition passing through his eyes before he smoothly redirects his attention to Carlos and Isabel. "Carlos, my dear brother," Dante begins, his voice smooth as silk, so soothing. "Isabel, always a pleasure." He nods politely to each of them before turning his attention to the others at the table. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything too important," Dante continues, his tone light and casual, "Just thought I'd drop by to see whether or not you guys are dead yet" His words hang in the air, the silence is unbearable.

"I come with gifts~" He sings, as he distributes the gifts with a flourish. For the Francis family, Dante presents a set of exquisite knives for Vincent, each one adorned with a small diamond that sparkles in the soft light of the ballroom. For Valentina, he offers a delicate pearl necklace with a matching set or pearl earrings, for Charles, Dante presents a pair of custom-made cufflinks, each one engraved with the Francis family crest. Cheryl Francis receives a stunning bracelet, its delicate links adorned with shimmering diamonds that catch the light with every movement. Dante turns over to Valentina, "This is for Alessio," He gives her a sleek pocket watch, its polished silver casing gleaming in the candlelight.

Turning his attention to the Pembroke family, Dante presents Carlos with an envelope, he gives Dante a puzzled look and Dante just winks at him. Isabel receives a stunning brooch, its intricate design reminiscent of a blooming rose. For Adriana, Dante selects a delicate locket, its silver chain clasped around a small sapphire heart. For Giovanni, Dante presents a rare and exquisite bottle of aged Scotch whiskey, elegantly packaged in a wooden box. As for Marco, Dante gives the present to Carlos, it's a set of finely crafted leather gloves, the gloves are made from the finest Italian leather.

Giovanni extends his gratitude to Dante with a warm smile, his eyes reflecting genuine appreciation for the thoughtful gesture. "Ahh Dante, you shouldn't have. This is a generous gift," he says, his voice carrying sincerity. "It's a pleasure to see you again." Dante returns the smile, his own eyes alight with a hint of mischief as he nods in acknowledgment. "You're very welcome, Братан. I thought it might bring a bit of joy to the occasion," he replies, his tone casual. "It's been too long since I've been here." He looks around and is met with the furious gaze of his older brother.

Ignoring his brother's fury, Dante continues to stay, he sits down at an empty seat (have no idea where it came from but ok). "I see I have just missed dinner.." Dante fills in the awkward silence once again. "Indeed you have Dante." Adriana mumbled under her voice.

Charles's gaze flickers briefly to Dante, a mix of confusion and analysing his intention on crashing the rather silent and awkward dinner party (Charles knows he shouldn't be pleased with this interruption, but he is very happy with his intrusion).