Chapter 3 .•°•. Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi °•.•°

□ TW: mention of attempted suicide □

~Kazuha's POV~

beep

beep

It smells like a hospital.

Hm? Hospital?

Why am I in a hospital?

Something fluffy lies on my arm.

Slowly, I open my eyes.

White ceiling, white walls, white curtains, way too much light, and... a cherry head?

Wait... Heizou?

Is Heizou really sleeping on my arm right now?

I chuckle a bit before composing myself again so I won't wake them up.

Tomo used to lie here when I was ill...

But even these little movements woke Heizou up.

They lift their head and look at me with sleepy eyes with bags.

I see the gears working in their head, then they sit upright and look at me, very awake now.

"Kazuha! You're awake!"

"Yeah... what happened?"

"Well, I found you on the floor and called an ambulance... they brought you here, and you were out for about a day or so."

"Oh... really." Not a question, more like a statement.

"Yeah..."

They look away, as if what they will say next is very awkward. I've never seen something like that with Heizou.

"Umm... so... when I found you... you were bleeding from the wrist... did you... did you... try..."

I sight at the sight of seeing him suffer.

"Yeah... I tried to take my life." With no emotion, just a fact.

They look at me as if this information is new.

"But... why?"

"Really?"

What a stupid question.

"Okay... yeah. Sorry."

I sigh again and look out the window.

It's spring, the birds are singing, and the light only starts to be warm.

"Kazuha..."

I look back at Heizou.

They look very sad, and tears glitter in their eyes.

"Are y-"

They cut my words off with a hug.

I'm only able to sit there in shock.

"Wha-"

"Please don't do something like that ever again. I don't want to lose you. I don't want anyone to lose you because you're a blessing in everyone's lives. If you feel bad or down... please talk to me or someone else. But please stay..."

The rest of their words drown.

Feeling tears in my eyes as well, I slowly lift my arms despite the stinging pain to return the hug, on what they embrace me tighter.

With that, I bury my head in their shoulder and let the tears roll down quietly.

Seems like I'm not out of tears... but this time, there is a positive feeling in the mix.