Chapter 2

Along with my roommate and closest friend, I got ready for the day in my college

Room: It is not yet decided if we will stay in a dorm or a private guest house, but for the time being, like arrived yesterday, it is not feasible to settle in a single day, right?
We will therefore be staying in a hostel for a few days before looking for a place to live for the next few years.

"Saanj yaar hogaya tera ?, late ho jayenge yaar." (Saanj, you are done; we will be late.)
With frustration, my friend Krista yelled my name.

"Ha yaar hoga, nahi honge aur saje kaha hai,"
Yes, my friend, and no, we will not be late. Now, tell me where Saje is.
I questioned as I descended the hostel's stairs.

"She went on to say that she needed to send in some paperwork."

"Mmm" as we strolled through the campus, laughing and chatting.

I have admitted for vetarnary studies and she has bio medical.
And Saje has pharmacy so we are gonna separate our ways in the campus corridor but since it is first day every fresher student is gather in the main hall for the guest speech.
When we arrived, the majority of the girls were waiting for someone outside the hallway.
They were touching up their makeup, but who knows for whom, and most of the girls were gathered in front of the gate, waiting to be seen by celebrities.

As i turned to go inside the hall corridor i heard the screeching sound of cars , and stop right at my place .

When the wind picked up speed, it felt like a storm was about to arrive. My face was covered in hair that floated back and forth, blurring my vision.
I got goosebumps all over my body and found myself holding my breath because I was both scared and excited at the same time.

The aroma, which was so strong I could only smell it, was all I could focus on while my senses were shut down.
Like muddy, fresh leaves, wild and moist.

"Saanj...Saanj...SAANJ!!"
I snapped out of my reverie, startled.

"Huh.."
"Are you okay? "Kabse awaj de rahi hu."
( I was calling you)
"Yeah, well, what happened?"
"Come on, Saaje has arranged sits for us. If we did not make it, we will be standing last."
"Hmm"

I dismissed the strange feeling I was having and followed Kriti into the hallway, where we saw Saje seated in the third-last row.
We are not going to be able to see the guest well from this distance, but that is okay, we are only here for the speech.

Since we were not really interested in watching the entire ceremony, we took our seats in the mostly dark corner.

As soon as every student had taken a seat, the door to the hall opened, allowing men dressed in black suits to enter and arrange themselves in a line to make room for others.

As soon as we turn to face it, someone wearing an all-black suit walks in and begins to move towards the front. Just as he gets ready to cross our line diagonally, he stops dead center, seemingly focused on something else.
Unknown about the men, I was experiencing the same strange sensation that I had just moments before in the hallway.