| P R O L O G U E |

"The monsters in my head are far more terrifying than any that lurk in the shadows."

Esha stepped quietly through the dimly lit corridors of the headquarters, her footsteps echoing softly against the cold marble floors

Esha stepped quietly through the dimly lit corridors of the headquarters, her footsteps echoing softly against the cold marble floors. The building was eerily silent at this hour, with only the hum of the air conditioning breaking the stillness. She had been searching for a specific file all night, a crucial piece of information she was sure would crack her latest case wide open.

Reaching the archive room, she began sifting through the countless files, each one a relic of past investigations. Her fingers danced over the edges of the folders, eyes scanning for the one she needed. Just as she pulled out a thick, dusty file from the back of the shelf, her elbow brushed against another stack. A single file tumbled down, hitting the floor with a soft thud.

Esha bent down to retrieve it, her gaze catching the name on the label: Anisha Malhotra. Her heart skipped a beat. She hadn't heard that name in years. It was a case long buried, a mystery that had sent shockwaves through the department—a case that had never been solved.

Her fingers trembled slightly as she opened the file. The first page bore the ominous title: Mysterious Murder. Esha’s eyes widened as she skimmed through the details, each line pulling her deeper into the past.

Why was this file here, mixed with her current investigation? And more importantly, why did it feel like fate that she had found it now?

As she turned to the last page, a chill ran down her spine. The final note in the file was dated just days ago.

Someone was watching her.

⋅──⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰──⋅
I hope you guys enjoyed the prologue