Prologue

Lizzy's pov.

My family is very religious and always has been. I'm not allowed doing certain things because we are so religious. I do believe in god but I don't believe in every thing my mother makes me do. I believe that I should be able to dance and maybe drink a little when I want to but my mom says that it goes against the bible so I can't do it. Sometimes I would like be able to act like a normal teenager.

My family isn't a very big family. It consists of my mom, my dad, my brother, my aunt and me. My uncle died when I was 4 and my aunt decided to live with us so that she wasn't all alone in her house. My father was an only child. My brother is 17 years old and I am 16 years old. Me and my brother aren't very close. We don't really talk or see each other because he lives in his room. My aunt is so sweet and I could never imagine living without her. My mother and father are very strict and sometimes I wish that they could just love me for who I am. I would love it if we got a dog though.

At high school I get fairly good grades. I don't consider "the best" but I know I'm not horrible. At high school I'm not the most popular person at school considering I only have one friend. Her name is Cara. Cara is the most amazingest friend their is. She is so independant and that's what I love about her. She doesn't care about what other people think and does what ever she wants.

I wish my parents would understand and except me.