Pt 5

Morning came, and i feel the rays of sunlight hit my face with the sounds of nature all around me; Leaves, birds, even some insects. I slowly rub my eyes and looked around me, Oliver was nowhere to be seen. I sit up and stretch, not surprised. I suppose everything was just too good to be true, i wonder where she went.

I stand up and cleaned off any dirt or leaf that was on me and walked home. I got somewhat dirty looks from the townspeople around, i unlocked the door and checked what time it was.

Shit.

It's already noon. Should i even open up the shop?

I go inside and lock the door from the other side, choosing to not open up today.

I head upstairs and start to undress once im in the bathroom, slowly turning on the shower on a slightly warmer temperature.

Bing!

My phone! I step out of the shower to check my phone

She texted!! I quickly reply back

Disappointment washes over me, that interaction was short lived

Disappointment washes over me, that interaction was short lived. I continue to wash myself.

"Shouldn't have showed her that place" i whisper under my breath

After showering, i dried myself off, put my dirty clothes in the basket and put my pjs on. I slept like a baby for the next few hours.

Bing!

Bing!

Bing!

Bing!

Bing!

Bing!

I wake up to the sounds of my phone going off, what an awful sound. I open my phone and it's filled with notifications from Marie, the girl who's wedding i kinda don't give a shit about.

 I open my phone and it's filled with notifications from Marie, the girl who's wedding i kinda don't give a shit about

Shit. I genuinely don't want to deal with her right now, and i thought we scheduled a meeting a week from the last call or smtg? Did she change her mind??

I put on a bra and go downstairs, quickly unlocked the door and let her in.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Said Marie angerly

"I'm closed today, and didn't we agree on meeting up next week or something??"

"Well, change of plans. Let's just do a meeting today, looks like i'll be busy that day and besides you don't look like you're busy."

She grabs my hands and squeezed tight

"Pleaseeee Cherrr"

I laugh nervously and made her let go of my hands.

"Alright alright. But don't expect too much, i'm very tired today."

"YAYY that's the spirit, shall we talk in your room?"

"Excuse me, my room?"

"Yes! Like how we used to hangout rememberrr? When the gang was still together? We'd go to each other's houses and have sleepovers?"

"Ah right, i never let you guys in my room." I laugh

"Ohhh righttt, well, you don't mind do you?"

"How about we just talk about this over lunch somewhere? Has miss bride eaten anything yet?"

"Haha no, yknow i gotta keep my body fit for the wedding dress. So i can't be eating anything right now."

Awkward silence washed through the room. I denied her to see my bedroom and insists that we sit somewhere outside, bridezilla eventually agrees and settles on just a small cafe.

We talked and actually caught up a bit more. She's really changed, yet she somewhat stayed the same. Always and never changing i guess.

I started to zone out, i thought of different scenarios in my head. Like if me and Oliver were to ever get together, or if i'd get with another gal that i've never even met before.

Marie starts to call out to me, snapping her fingers in front of me.

"Geez louise, you look like you've been struck by cupid himself!" Marie joked, resting her head on both of her hands and tilting it slightly

I laugh nervously

"Ouuuhhhh so there is someone you've been thinking about"

"Well, not really. I'm just curious about them."

"Another girl? When are you going to start dating mennn, for as long as i can remember, you've ever only taken interests in women." She sits up straight and sips on her drink

"Haha- i don't like men remember? And there's this newcomer"

"Ahh i think i've seen her before, the rude one?"

"Rude??"

"Pftt y'know, she barely says hello to anyone. I tried to be nice to her but she didn't seem to like me. Are you two close?"

"Haha yeah, she's like that. It's tough to read her though"

"Sounds pretty rude to me"

"Hey lay off her, to be fair she's new. Maybe she's just not used to socializing."

"Hmm whatever i guess, suit yourself."

We ended up changing the topic to her, she talked about anything everything in her life. I continue to zone out.