6 、SOON AS I GET HOME.

𝕮𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 、❛ 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

𝕮𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 、❛ 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄.❜

❪𝖊𝖝𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖒𝖊 𝖊𝖝𝖕𝖑𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖝𝖙 𝖆𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉!

*⠀⁰⁰⁶        CLIFFORD EASED OPEN THE HEAVY OAK DOOR OF HIS STATEN ISLAND BROWNSTONE, the worn wooden floorboards groaning beneath his sturdy Timberlands. With a soft click, he secured the lock, a tired sigh escaping his lips. The relentless hours in the studio with RZA, refining his highly awaited sophomore album, had left him drained. Music was his calling, yet his heart always yearned for the warmth of home. Especially when Tyka, his fiancée-soon-to-be-wifey, the woman he had been missing dearly, awaited him.

The pulsating bass of Mary J's latest track reverberated from the kitchen, where Tyka had transformed the space into her stage. Her hips rolled in sync with the beat, her voice belting out the chorus, eyes closed in pure bliss. "All that I can sayyyy do do do doooo," she crooned, not caring one bit if she was off-key.

Clifford tiptoed toward the kitchen, pausing at the entrance. There she was, Tyka, completely immersed in her own world—cleaning and humming to herself, oblivious to his presence.

Grinning mischievously, he approached from behind, enveloping Tyka in his arms, pausing her dance mid-beat. Startled, she jumped, her body tensing momentarily before relaxing into his embrace, enveloped in his familiar scent —a blend of cannabis and the cologne she knew so well as uniquely his.

"Boy, you 'bout gave me a heart attack!" she chuckled, lightly swatting his arm. He responded with a deep laugh, leaning in to plant a tender kiss just below her ear, eliciting a contented sigh from her lips. "What's up, shorty?" he murmured, his warm breath brushing against her skin. She turned around, their lips brushing in a fleeting kiss.

"Ain't much, just tryna tidy up this place," she answered, flinging the rag into the basin. "You home early. Studio session go smooth?" she inquired, peering up at him with curiosity in her eyes.

He shrugged off his white and navy blue puffer coat, the Tommy Hilfiger logo proudly displayed on its back. A slow exhale escaped him, the tension easing from his shoulders. "It was chill, we're on the home stretch. Rza's finna lay down a couple more cuts, then we're ready to give the people what they want."

She adjusted the volume on the sound system, lowering the music. "That's dope, babe!" she exclaimed, excitement evident in her voice. Returning to him, she wrapped her arms around his neck,  her frame melding into his.

"I can't wait to hear what you've been cooking up," she whispered, rising onto her toes to plant a kiss on his lips. He grinned, his hands settling comfortably on her hips. "I missed you today, the day was draggin' like a muhfucka," he confessed, pulling her closer.