𝟎𝟒𝟎. 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

APARTMENT HUNTING
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty,
Gilmore Girls — Season Two

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty, Gilmore Girls — Season Two

February 26th, 2002

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

I STARE AT THE MESS THAT IS THE APARTMENT. Liz had sent over the last of Jess' things, and he finally decided to unpack, meaning that I can't see my bed, my desk, or the floor for that matter. Jess was sat in the heap of clothes and mess, reading a book and listening to rock music, and I can't hear myself think.

I push Jess' clothes off my bed, finding there to be more of his belongings under the pile. "Seriously, how are you living like this?" I mutter under my breath, pushing a few things onto the floor. I don't even flinch when I hear glass smash.

"Quite comfortably."

I spin around and I find my cousin standing behind me. I groan, my head falling into my hands. I've been frustrated all week with tests coming up and Tristan being grounded again, and all I want is time to myself but I can't have that with Jess living here. "Move your stuff off my bed, and off my desk, and out of my face," I demand.

Jess doesn't move, so I move his stuff off my desk so I can retrieve my books. I then barge past Jess and storm off downstairs towards Dad who is sitting in his usual position, watching a two inch TV with crappy connection. He does this every night, and I feel bad for him because he shouldn't have to live like this, not when he's the one who let Jess in.

I fall next to him, and he glances over at me, his arms crossed over his chest as he tries to get comfortable in his seat. "Welcome."

"I won't tell anyone if you smother Jess in his sleep," I say, and Dad chuckles. "Seriously, I'll even help you bury the body."

Dad shakes his head, but he finds it amusing. I throw my books down on the table which elicits a loud thump. "Lorelai thinks we should move," he says, and I lean back in my chair, a sigh leaving my mouth because it seems like the only solution.

"Well, she has a point," I say, shrugging as it's not the worst idea in the world. "There's not enough room up there for three people. There wasn't even enough room for you and I, Dad."

"Lucy, we've been living there since you were born." And for seventeen years, I've never known another home. I love my home.