✨01✨

01: Hopelessly Infatuated

Crush.

Just a crush.

Kiara dropped her head onto the desk with a thud, groaning in frustration. She admitted to herself that her number one regular customer was attractive.

Leo Wallace, a handsome guy with soft brown hair, nerdy glasses that compliment his face and his sweet green eyes that sparkled when he smiled. He was tall, about 5'6 and he had good fashion sense too.

Everything about him could make Kiara melt almost instantly.

Kiara Parker was decent herself as she is a flower shop owner who studied architecture in her prime days. Now she was in her late 20's, with a stuck position in her flower shop that made no progress.

However, one perk of having a flower shop is that she could greet each morning with the refreshing smell of flowers.

Like any other day, she opened up the store and began to replace the water of the long cylinders she'd keep her flowers in.

She cut off the edge of the stem part in her flowers and placed them back into the cylinders with freshly replaced water.

She opened up the blinds of the store and in came her first customer of the day. Of course, it had to be non other than Leo Wallace.

She uncontrollably did a double tuck with her hair, wiping her hands on her denim apron. "good morning Leo, shall I get you your usual bouquet of white lilies?" Kiara asked softly with a smile, the said smile being reciprocated by the young man.

"no, actually, I was uh.. looking for some flowers that went by the name..Mari..wait Mari something. I've got a picture" Leo showed her a picture of what he wanted to buy.

Marigolds.

Naturally, marigolds are associated with happy feelings like enthusiasm and joy because of their vivid orange, yellow, and red petals.

Marigolds are also a symbol for vitality, luck, warmth, inventiveness, prosperity, passion, and many other things and it really suited his personality. He was warm too.

She'd always wonder why he'd buy flowers almost everyday. Maybe he had someone in his life, maybe a girlfriend. But then again, she shouldn't be sad because of this, since she said it herself, it's just a little infatuation.

"These are the ones" Kiara neatly placed the flowers in a bouquet before handing it to him.

.
.

"I don't like these flowers" admitted a deep, manly voice.

Leo awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "These are the flowers, Mrs Ryker even sent me a picture, sir." Leo told his boss, the one and only Aaron Ryker.

Aaron Ryker, blessed with his father's heavenly looks, hazel brown eyes with a well sculpted face and beautiful black hair styled neat in his business attire. If words could describe him, one would say he was written by a woman.

The Ryker's are one of the most richest families in the country, with its franchises going world-wide. They produce and sell anything, and everything that's grabbed the appeal of people.

The RYK enterprise being managed and brought together by Aaron, many has praised for his attractiveness and his ability to get the main branch of their family business at a young age of 20 years.

Now, he is independent on his own feet at his 30's. Grumpy is one word that could define him, and he was absolutely workaholic.

"That is what Mrs Ryker told you, yeah? but I'm your boss and I'm telling you I don't want these flowers on my damn venue" Aaron retorted, standing up from his seat.

The halls echoed with their footsteps and no-one dared to look at the young CEO that they were intimidated by.

He stood his ground when he came face to face with his mother who came to visit him. "well, are the flowers admirable?" His mother's monotonous voice would have scared the little boy who was in his teens but not this man who grew up fearless of anything or anyone.

"No" he forced a smile. "Very well then, go to the flower shop yourself and have a look" she walked past him like she didn't mean the world to him at one point of his life. But that was just a chapter because he didn't need anyone in his life except for his father's side grandma. Be didn't need anyone else. Not a mother, not a spouse.

Speaking of spouse, he was bonded in an arrange marriage with a rich businessman's daughter, Janette Brooklyn. Janette was a supermodel, her face seen in many magazines. He found her quite nice.

Although they were to be married soon, he knew that Janette had a secret lover. And that she was going to run away with him. So why bother getting all ready for a marriage that's not going to happen. The corners of his lips raised into a small smirk before it faltered completely as he walked into the meeting room.

All it needed was to get a fake bride to play games with his mother and the throne was all his.

And it as seemed that he had a plan.
.

Kiara was prepping the store to close it for the day and she was in a rush because she had to pick her little sister up from school, she was getting late for that.

And as she carried the glass full of dirty water, her foot slipped on a fallen flower petal, at the same time the door of the shop opened.

Unfortunately, the dirty water had splashed on to the now furious man standing in front of her. She was on the floor, wincing at the pain she experienced from the fall, until she got embarrassed looking at him. "I'm so sorry, are you okay? Oh god- I can pay for your dry cleaning" she said as she stood up and walked closer to him.

He gripped the small hand that was about to come in contact with his well made suit. "Marry me" he said, his voice locked with seriousness but lack of empathy.

To be continued..