I sat in the back of my Spanish class. I sat with my feet on the desk, but Mr. Jones never said anything about it. He just gives me looks, but would never dare say a word. I could tell it bothered him, but what could he do? 

 "Elizabeth, how do you say 'good morning ' in Spanish?" Mr. Jones asks me, his hands behind his back as he paces the front of the room. I wasn't listening and I think he knew that as he smirks with his head glued to the floor. 

"Uhh, buenos..." I start, looking at the ceiling for help. I draw a blank as he finally looks at me. His dark brown eyes locked with mine and I look down so I don't blush "buenos dias" I finally say in a quiet tone

"That's right" he smiles, licking his lips subtly as he turns back to the rest of the class. I think about his words, which weren't a big deal if he didn't look so good. 

The bell rings and I pack up my stuff while Mr. Jones goes back to his desk. He leans back and stares at me as I head for the door

"Elizabeth, wait" he calls out as the last student leaves. I roll my eyes and go to sit down next to his desk. I drop my bag as he starts " Elizabeth, I'm starting to notice a theme in your habits" he folds his hands and leans in toward me "the look on your eyes when I ask a question and the feet on the desk... You need to pay attention better in class" he points out. I pause as my gaze meets his. I couldn't look away and he smiles slightly "listen, you are really smart, you just don't focus on the important things like school work and lessons. I'm here to help, but you have to let me help you for it to work" he adds, my gaze going back to the floor as I fidget with my fingers. I could feel his eyes on me. I look up and he had a smile on his face "is there anything I can do to help you? Maybe tutor or something?" He asks and I just stare at him, scanning his face as I shake my head silently. He stands up and straightens his button up "just let me know if you change our mind" he winks and sits back "I'll see you tomorrow" he waves slightly and turns back to his computer. 

I sit there for a few more seconds, stunned that he actually talked to me. I stand up and grab my bag. I exit the room without looking back.